2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - MOTOR VEHICLES
Act 300 of 1949 - MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI - CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
- Section 257.601 - Applicability of chapter to operations on highways; exceptions.
- Section 257.601a - Private road open to general public; contract.
- Section 257.601b - Moving violation in work zone, emergency scene, or school zone; penalties; exceptions; definitions.
- Section 257.601c - Moving violation causing injury or death to person operating implement of husbandry on highway.
- Section 257.601d.added - Person who commits moving violation causing death of another person or serious impairment of body function; other violations; "moving violation" defined.
- Section 257.602 - Compliance with order or direction of police officer.
- Section 257.602a - Failure to stop at signal of police or conservation officer; penalty; subsection (1) inapplicable unless officer in uniform and vehicle identified; violation of subsection (1) as felony; conviction for conduct arising out of same transaction; “serious injury” defined.
- Section 257.602b - Reading, typing, or sending text message on wireless 2-way communication device prohibited; exceptions; violation as civil infraction; fine; local ordinances superseded.
- Section 257.603 - Applicability of chapter to government vehicles; exemption of authorized emergency vehicles; conditions; exemption of police vehicles not sounding audible signal; exemption of persons, vehicles, and equipment working on surface of highway.
- Section 257.604 - Riding animal or driving animal-drawn vehicle on roadway; rights and duties.
- Section 257.605 - Applicability and uniformity of provisions; local laws and regulations; payment and allocation of civil fines; issuance of more than 1 citation; equipment violations; definitions.
- Section 257.606 - Regulation of streets or highways under jurisdiction of local authority and within reasonable exercise of police power; stop sign or traffic control device requiring state trunk line highway traffic to stop; approval; posting signs giving notice of local traffic regulations; providing by ordinance for impounding of motor vehicle parked contrary to local ordinance; bond or cash deposit.
- Section 257.606a - Maintenance of highway by state or local government; duty; immunity from tort liability; exception.
- Section 257.607 - Realty owners' regulation of traffic on private property.
- 300-1949-VI-TRAFFIC-SIGNS-SIGNALS-AND-MARKINGS - TRAFFIC SIGNS, SIGNALS, AND MARKINGS (257.608...257.616a)
- 300-1949-VI-ACCIDENTS - ACCIDENTS (257.617...257.624b)
- 300-1949-VI-DRIVING-WHILE-INTOXICATED-AND-RECKLESS-DRIVING - DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, AND RECKLESS DRIVING (257.625...257.626c)
- 300-1949-VI-SPEED-RESTRICTIONS - SPEED RESTRICTIONS (257.627...257.633)
- 300-1949-VI-DRIVING-ON-RIGHT-SIDE-OF-ROADWAY—OVERTAKING-AND-PASSING-ETC. - DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY—OVERTAKING AND PASSING, ETC. (257.634...257.646)
- 300-1949-VI-TURNING-AND-STARTING-AND-SIGNALS-ON-STOPPING-AND-TURNING - TURNING AND STARTING AND SIGNALS ON STOPPING AND TURNING (257.647...257.648)
- 300-1949-VI-RIGHT-OF-WAY - RIGHT-OF-WAY (257.649...257.655)
- 300-1949-VI-OPERATION-OF-BICYCLES-MOTORCYCLES-AND-TOY-VEHICLES - OPERATION OF BICYCLES, MOTORCYCLES AND TOY VEHICLES (257.656...257.662)
- 300-1949-VI-STREET-CARS-AND-SAFETY-ZONES - STREET CARS AND SAFETY ZONES (257.663...257.666)
- 300-1949-VI-SPECIAL-STOPS-REQUIRED - SPECIAL STOPS REQUIRED (257.667...257.671)
- 300-1949-VI-STOPPING-STANDING-AND-PARKING - STOPPING, STANDING AND PARKING (257.672...257.675d)
- 300-1949-VI-MISCELLANEOUS-RULES - MISCELLANEOUS RULES (257.676...257.682b)
- 300-1949-VI-EQUIPMENT - EQUIPMENT (257.683... 257.714b)
- 300-1949-VI-INSPECTION-OF-VEHICLES - INSPECTION OF VEHICLES (257.715...257.715a)
- 300-1949-VI-SIZE-WEIGHT-AND-LOAD - SIZE, WEIGHT AND LOAD (257.716...257.750)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.