2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 257 - MOTOR VEHICLES
Act 300 of 1949 - MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI - CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-OPERATION-OF-BICYCLES-MOTORCYCLES-AND-TOY-VEHICLES - OPERATION OF BICYCLES, MOTORCYCLES AND TOY VEHICLES (257.656...257.662)
Act 300 of 1949 OPERATION OF BICYCLES, MOTORCYCLES AND TOY VEHICLES
- Section 257.656 - Violations of MCL 257.656 to 257.661a as civil infractions; duty of parent or guardian; regulations applicable to bicycles and motorcycles.
- Section 257.657 - Rights and duties of persons riding bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, or moped or operating low-speed vehicle.
- Section 257.658 - Riding on seat of bicycle, motorcycle, or moped; number of persons; crash helmets; rules; requirements for autocycle.
- Section 257.658a - Seats and foot rests; requirements; exception; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.658b - Crash helmet required; exception.
- Section 257.659 - Riding while attached to streetcar or vehicle.
- Section 257.660 - Electric personal assistive mobility device, low-speed vehicle, or moped; operation; limitations; applicability to police officer; regulation by local government; prohibitions; regulation by department of natural resources.
- Section 257.660a - Operation of bicycle upon highway or street; riding close to right-hand curb or edge of roadway; exceptions.
- Section 257.660b - Operation of bicycle upon highway or street; riding more than 2 abreast.
- Section 257.660c - Operation of bicycle upon sidewalk or pedestrian crosswalk.
- Section 257.660d - Parking bicycle on sidewalk, highway, or street.
- Section 257.661 - Carrying package, bundle, or article on bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, moped, or motorcycle.
- Section 257.661a - Handlebars of motorcycle or moped.
- Section 257.662 - Bicycles or electric personal assistive mobility device; equipment; violation as civil infraction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.