2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 9 - Technology for Education
§ 7-908. Authority and participation of State Superintendent and Secretary of Commerce
- The State Superintendent, in collaboration with the Secretary of Commerce, may:
- (1) Provide direction and support for the conduct of research on advanced educational technologies;
- (2) Provide support for long-term comprehensive educational applications of advanced high performance computer and communication technologies and video technologies in support of the core subjects of the National Education Goals;
- (3) Ensure that high performance computing and telecommunications networks (or information highways) are developed with consideration to the needs of elementary and secondary education to facilitate educational uses, to provide access to classrooms and libraries in elementary and secondary schools, and to improve student learning; and
- (4) Assess the effectiveness of technology in education programs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.