2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 9 - Technology for Education
§ 7-907. Assistance to eligible consortia
- (a) Assistance by State Superintendent and Secretary of Commerce. -- The State Superintendent and the Secretary of Commerce may provide assistance to an eligible consortium to enable the eligible consortium to establish, promote, advance, improve, and participate in projects for the purpose of encouraging the understanding and use of technology in connection with education.
- (b) Authorized projects. -- An eligible consortium assisted under subsection (a) of this section shall develop:
- (1) An interactive video, audio, and text communications database;
- (2) Connectivity between elementary and secondary schools, colleges, and universities;
- (3) A means to provide information to teachers, administrators, parents, and other interested community entities on State and local educational technology initiatives;
- (4) A staff demonstration project; and
- (5) A significant contribution and participation from business and industry, local government, teacher associations, administrator associations, regional high technology councils, and community leaders.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.