2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 30 LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE GUARANTY ASSOCIATION
- 40-3001 Name and citation of act.
- 40-3002 Purpose.
- 40-3003 Persons provided coverage; policies and contracts specified.
- 40-3004 Liberal construction.
- 40-3005 Definitions.
- 40-3006 Kansas life and health insurance guaranty association, creation; members; functions and powers; accounts; under supervision of commissioner and insurance laws of state; meetings or records.
- 40-3007 Board of directors of association; selection; approval; vacancies; compensation.
- 40-3008 Powers and duties of association; limitations of liability of association; mandatory payment of certain claims.
- 40-3009 Assessment of member insurers to provide funds for administration of association; classes of assessment; limitations; refunds to insurers; certificates of contribution.
- 40-3010 Plan of operation; powers of commissioner; rules and regulations; mandatory and permissive provisions of plan; reimbursement for certain payments.
- 40-3011 Additional powers of commissioner; revocation of authority; appeals; judicial review; notice of effect of act.
- 40-3012 Duties of commissioner and board for the detection and prevention of insurer impairments; reports and recommendations of board to commissioner.
- 40-3013 Liability for unpaid assessments of insureds of impaired or insolvent insurers under plan; records of negotiations made public, when; association deemed creditor, when; use of assets of impaired or insolvent insurer; equitable distribution of rights; recovery of distributions.
- 40-3013a Statement of existence of association not to be used to induce sales; description document, delivery to policyholder; disclaimer required; notice that policy is excluded from coverage under act.
- 40-3014 Examination and regulation by commissioner; financial report.
- 40-3015 Association exempt from certain fees and taxes.
- 40-3016 Certificates of contributions as assets; percentage offset; refunds, disposition.
- 40-3017 Liabilities of parties for acts.
- 40-3018 Stay of proceedings; actions to set aside judgments and defend suits.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.