2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 31 KANSAS AUTOMOBILE INJURY REPARATIONS ACT
- 40-3101 Citation of act.
- 40-3102 Purpose.
- 40-3103 Definitions.
- 40-3104 Motor vehicle liability insurance coverage required; prohibited vehicle operation; verification; self-insurance; display of proof of financial security; penalties for failure to maintain financial security; reinstatement fees.
- 40-3105 Exempt vehicles.
- 40-3106 Prohibited vehicle operation by certain nonresidents; report of violations; declaration of policy coverage by insurers; self-insurers to certify compliance.
- 40-3107 Motor vehicle liability insurance policies; required contents; exclusions of coverage; legislative interim study.
- 40-3108 Personal injury protection benefits; authorized exclusions.
- 40-3109 Same; injuries for which payment of benefits required; liability for payment by two or more insurers; policy providing primary benefit coverage.
- 40-3110 Same; primary status of benefits, exception; when payable; time limitation on claims; overdue payments.
- 40-3111 Lawful charges for treatment or occupational training of injured person; action to recover overdue benefits; allowance of attorney's fee.
- 40-3112 Rehabilitation procedures or treatment and rehabilitative occupational training or retraining.
- 40-3113a Remedy against a tortfeasor, insurer or self-insurer subrogated, when; credits against future payments; limitation of actions; attorney fees.
- 40-3114 Duty of employer, physician, hospital, clinic or medical institution to furnish information upon request of insurer or self-insurer; settlement of dispute by district court; copy of information to insured.
- 40-3115 Mental or physical examination of injured person; written report of examination; availability of report to injured person; evidentiary effect.
- 40-3116 Assigned claims plan; availability of personal injury protection benefits under plan; subrogation; persons excluded; powers of commissioner; participation by insurers and self-insurers required; violations, penalties.
- 40-3117 Tort actions; conditions precedent to recovery of damages for pain and suffering.
- 40-3118 Financial security as prerequisite to motor vehicle registration; certification of owner; documentation; termination of required insurance, notice; verification of certification; insurance company to maintain evidence on file with division, when; suspension of registration and driving privileges, hearing, reinstatement; prima facie evidence of operation of vehicle without financial security; unlawful acts; refund of unearned premium; proof of financial security by electronic means, restrictions.
- 40-3119 Rules and regulations by commissioner.
- 40-3120 Reasonable competition and availability of excess coverage unaffected.
- 40-3121 Severability; 40-3117 declared nonseverable.
- 40-3130 Automobile accidents; recovery of noneconomic damages, limitations on; exceptions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.