2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 2 AGRICULTURE
Article 25 KANSAS EGG LAW
2-2510 Repacking by retailers, requirements; grounds for loss of privilege.
2-2510. Repacking by retailers, requirements; grounds for loss of privilege. (a) A retailer may repack eggs located in a store as long as the following requirements are met:
(1) Eggs eligible for repacking include dirty eggs or eggs in containers with broken eggs. Eggs that are determined to pose a health risk shall not be eligible for repacking;
(2) the eggs are not subject to a stop sale order issued by the secretary;
(3) eggs cannot be repacked more than once;
(4) repacked eggs must meet grade B requirements and shall not be graded higher than grade B;
(5) all containers shall have the necessary labeling requirements printed on the outside of the carton which shall include:
(A) Grade and size;
(B) a statement saying that the eggs have been repacked by the retailer where the eggs are located;
(C) name and address of the retailer that repacked the eggs;
(D) a statement containing the phrase, "Keep refrigerated at or below 45° Fahrenheit";
(E) the expiration date which shall be the earliest expiration date of the repacked eggs; and
(F) an inspection fee stamp on the carton indicating that the inspection fee has been paid;
(6) records must be kept and available for inspection on all eggs repacked by the retailer; and
(7) eggs remain subject to inspection and the requirements of this act.
(b) Retailers may lose the privilege to repack eggs if:
(1) The retailer is found postdating repacked eggs;
(2) the eggs do not meet grade B standards; and
(3) the retailer has violated any other provision of this act.
(c) The provisions of this section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas egg law.
History: L. 2006, ch. 90, § 8; July 1.