2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 2 AGRICULTURE
Article 25 KANSAS EGG LAW
2-2509 Container labeling requirements.
2-2509. Container labeling requirements. (a) Each container of eggs shall be labeled with the following information:
(1) The size and quality of eggs which shall be printed in boldface type letters not less than 3/8 inch in height;
(2) the identity of the eggs;
(3) name and address of either the packer, the person for whom the eggs are packed or the retailer if the eggs have been repacked;
(4) the pack date;
(5) safe handling instructions, which shall include the statements:
(A) "Keep refrigerated at or below 45° Fahrenheit," which shall be printed on the outside of the carton; and
(B) "to prevent illness from bacteria: Keep eggs refrigerated, cook eggs until yolks are firm, and cook foods containing eggs thoroughly," which may be printed either on the outside or the inside of the carton; and
(6) the expiration date which shall be preceded by "exp," "sell by," "use by" or similar language.
(b) Such information shall be printed in English, be clearly and conspicuously placed on the outside of the carton except as otherwise provided in this section, and not be false or misleading.
(c) The provisions of this section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas egg law.
History: L. 2006, ch. 90, § 7; July 1.