2021 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 15 - Motorcycle Operator Safety Training Program
§ 40-15-4. Coordinator Authorized; Duties and Requirements
- The commissioner shall appoint a state-wide motorcycle safety coordinator who shall carry out and enforce the provisions of this chapter and the rules and regulations of the department. The coordinator shall be placed in the unclassified service as defined by Code Section 45-20-2 and shall serve at the pleasure of the commissioner.
- The coordinator shall also be authorized to:
- Promote motorcycle safety throughout the state;
- Provide consultation to the various departments of state government and local political subdivisions relating to motorcycle safety; and
- Do any other thing deemed necessary by the commissioner to promote motorcycle safety in the state.
(Code 1981, §40-15-4, enacted by Ga. L. 1984, p. 644, § 1; Ga. L. 1986, p. 181, § 1; Ga. L. 1994, p. 97, § 40; Ga. L. 1997, p. 143, § 40; Ga. L. 1997, p. 1505, § 3; Ga. L. 2009, p. 745, § 1/SB 97; Ga. L. 2012, p. 446, § 2-62/HB 642.)Editor's notes.
- Ga. L. 2012, p. 446, § 3-1/HB 642, not codified by the General Assembly, provides that: "Personnel, equipment, and facilities that were assigned to the State Personnel Administration as of June 30, 2012, shall be transferred to the Department of Administrative Services on the effective date of this Act." This Act became effective July 1, 2012.
Ga. L. 2012, p. 446, § 3-2/HB 642, not codified by the General Assembly, provides that: "Appropriations for functions which are transferred by this Act may be transferred as provided in Code Section 45-12-90."