2020 Georgia Code
Title 46 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation
- Chapter 1 - General Provisions [46-1-1 through 46-1-5]
- Chapter 2 - Public Service Commission [46-2-1 through 46-2-95]
- Chapter 2A - Electric Utilities Generally [46-2A-1 through 46-2A-2]
- Chapter 3 - Electrical Service [46-3-1 through 46-3-541]
- Chapter 3A - Integrated Resource Planning [46-3A-1 through 46-3A-11]
- Chapter 4 - Distribution, Storage, and Sale of Gas [46-4-1 through 46-4-166]
- Chapter 4A - Provision of Energy Conservation Assistance to Residential Customers by Electric and Gas Utilities [46-4A-1 through 46-4A-14]
- Chapter 5 - Telephone Service [46-5-1 through 46-5-252]
- Chapter 6 - Radio Common Carriers [46-6-1 through 46-6-16.] [Repealed]
- Chapter 7 - Motor Carriers [46-7-1 through 46-7-101.] [Repealed]
- Chapter 8 - Railroad Companies [46-8-1 through 46-8-382]
- Chapter 8A - Rapid Rail Passenger Service [46-8A-1 through 46-8A-4]
- Chapter 9 - Transportation of Freight and Passengers Generally [46-9-1 through 46-9-332]
- Chapter 10 - Consumers' Utility Counsel Division [46-10-1 through 46-10-9.] [Repealed]
- Chapter 11 - Transportation of Hazardous Materials [46-11-1 through 46-11-6.] [Repealed]
- Exemption from securities-registration requirements for securities issued by or guaranteed by public utilities, common carriers, etc., § 10-5-8.
Criminal penalty for damaging, injuring, or interfering with public utility properties, § 16-7-25.
Prohibition against suspension of gas or electrical service for failure to make payments on appliances purchased from or repaired by gas or electric utility company, § 16-12-3.
Prohibition against political campaign contributions by persons acting on behalf of public utility regulated by Public Service Commission, § 21-5-10.
Blasting or excavating operations near underground gas pipes and other underground utility facilities, Ch. 9, T. 25.
Removal and relocation of public utility facilities pursuant to construction or maintenance of public road by Department of Transportation, § 32-6-170 et seq.
Mass transportation, Ch. 9, T. 32.
Sale, lease, etc., of public utility plants or properties by municipalities, § 36-37-7 et seq.
Taxation of special franchises, § 48-5-420 et seq.
Ad valorem taxation of public utilities, § 48-5-510 et seq.
Taxation of income of public service corporations, § 48-7-32.Law reviews.
- For article, "The New Special Master Rule - Uniform Superior Court Rule 46: Life Jackets for the Courts in the Perfect Storm," see 15 (No. 4) Ga. St. B. J. 20 (2009).
- Eminent domain: measure and elements of damages or compensation for condemnation of public transportation system, 35 A.L.R.4th 1263.