There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 42 - Penal Institutions
Chapter 5 - Correctional Institutions of State and Counties
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 42-5-1. Definitions
Universal Citation: GA Code § 42-5-1 (2020)
As used in this chapter, the term:
- "Board" means the Board of Corrections.
- "Commissioner" means the commissioner of corrections.
- "Department" means the Department of Corrections.
(Code 1981, §42-5-1; Ga. L. 1985, p. 149, § 42; Ga. L. 1985, p. 283, § 1.)Cross references.
- Notification to Department of Corrections, Uniform Superior Court Rules, Rule 35.1.Editor's notes.
- This Code section was created as part of the Code revision and was thus enacted by Ga. L. 1981, Ex. Sess., p. 8 (Code enactment Act).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.