2020 Georgia Code
Title 42 - Penal Institutions
Chapter 5 - Correctional Institutions of State and Counties
Article 1 - General Provisions
- § 42-5-1. Definitions
- § 42-5-2. Responsibilities of Governmental Unit With Custody of Inmate; Costs of Emergency and Follow-Up Care; Access to Medical Services or Hospital Care; Hospital Requirements for Providing Emergency Health Care Services to State Inmates
- § 42-5-3. Department's Responsibility for Trial Costs and Expenses
- § 42-5-4. Payment of Trial Costs and Expenses
- § 42-5-5. Reimbursement of Court Costs and Transportation and Detention Expenses Incurred in Trying Escapees From State Correctional Institutions
- § 42-5-6. Participation by County Correctional Institutions in State Purchasing Contracts
- § 42-5-7. Sudden or Unusual Death of Inmate
- § 42-5-8. Notification Upon Escape of Inmate
- § 42-5-9. Notification of Projected Release Date of Inmate
- § 42-5-10. Promulgation of Rules Governing Plans and Specifications for New Correctional Institutions; Certification of Acceptability of Old Facilities by State Fire Marshal
- § 42-5-11. General Prohibition Against Receipt of Remuneration in Regard to Assignment, Transfer, or Status of Inmate
- § 42-5-12. Receipt of Remuneration by State Officials in Regard to Assignment, Transfer, or Status of Inmate
- § 42-5-13. Record of Person Contacting Commissioner, Department, or Board on Behalf of Inmate
- § 42-5-14. Establishment of Guard Lines and Signs at State or County Correctional Institutions
- § 42-5-15. Crossing of Guard Lines With Weapons, Intoxicants, or Drugs Without Consent of Warden or Superintendent
- § 42-5-16. Trading With Inmates Without Consent of Warden or Superintendent
- § 42-5-17. Loitering Near Inmates After Being Ordered to Desist
- § 42-5-18. Items Prohibited for Possession by Inmates; Warden's Authorization; Penalty; Use of Unmanned Aircraft to Accomplish Violations
- § 42-5-19. Penalty for Violating Code Section 42-5-16 or 42-5-17
- § 42-5-20. Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program
- § 42-5-21. Family Violence Counseling Program
- Escape of person in lawful custody, and as to assault on, resistance to, or other action against officer or guard within penal institution, § 16-10-52 et seq.Editor's notes.
- By resolution (Ga. L. 1987, p. 3550), the General Assembly directed the Board of Corrections to designate the correctional facility in Forsyth, Monroe County, Georgia, as the "A.L. 'Al' Burruss Correctional Training Center" and to affix an appropriate plaque at the entrance to that center indicating that designation.
By resolution (Ga. L. 1988, p. 334), the General Assembly designated the correctional facility in Pennville, Chattooga County, Georgia, as the "Forest Hays, Jr., Correctional Institution."
By resolution (Ga. L. 1988, p. 1470), the General Assembly created the Commission on Criminal Sanctions and Correctional Facilities, to be abolished January 1, 1990.
By resolution (Ga. L. 1991, p. 1203), the General Assembly designated the probation detention center in Fulton County, Georgia as the "J. Carrell Larmore Probation Detention Center."
By resolution (Ga. L. 1992, p. 3109), the General Assembly designated the correctional institution in Mitchell County as the "Jimmy Autry Correctional Institution."
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 60 Am. Jur. 2d, Penal and Correctional Institutions, §§ 12, 13, 20-22.C.J.S.
- 72 C.J.S., Prisons and Rights of Prisoners, §§ 6-8, 11-16.ALR.
- Validity and construction of prison regulation of inmates' possession of personal property, 66 A.L.R.4th 800.
State prisoner's right to personally appear at civil trial to which he is a party - state court cases, 82 A.L.R.4th 1063.
Propriety of telephone testimony or hearings in prison proceedings, 9 A.L.R.5th 451.