2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 21a - Consumer Protection
Chapter 420b* - Dependency-Producing Drugs
- Section 21a-240 - (Formerly Sec. 19-443). Definitions.
- Section 21a-241 - (Formerly Sec. 19-449). Prior regulations continued.
- Section 21a-242 - (Formerly Sec. 19-450a). Schedules of controlled substances. Exceptions.
- Section 21a-243 - (Formerly Sec. 19-451). Regulations. Schedules of controlled substances.
- Section 21a-244 - (Formerly Sec. 19-451a). Regulations re storage and retrieval of prescription information.
- Section 21a-244a - Drug records maintained on electronic data processing systems or media systems. Electronic identifiers. Regulations.
- Section 21a-245 - (Formerly Sec. 19-452). Manufacture, sale, administering of restricted substances regulated.
- Section 21a-246 - (Formerly Sec. 19-453). License to manufacture, wholesale, supply, compound, etc. Exception. License fees. License to possess and supply marijuana.
- Section 21a-247 - (Formerly Sec. 19-454). Qualifications of applicant for license.
- Section 21a-248 - (Formerly Sec. 19-456). Sale or dispensing of controlled drugs by licensed manufacturer or wholesaler. Records; orders. Scope of uses limited.
- Section 21a-249 - (Formerly Sec. 19-457). Prescription requirements.
- Section 21a-250 - (Formerly Sec. 19-458). Rights and duties of pharmacist.
- Section 21a-250a - Transferred
- Section 21a-251 - (Formerly Sec. 19-459). Dispensing of controlled substances by hospitals, infirmaries or clinics.
- Section 21a-252 - (Formerly Sec. 19-460). Prescription and dispensing of controlled substances by certain practitioners. Surrender of unused substances by patients. Prescription, dispensing and administering of controlled substances to immediate family members or for personal use.
- Section 21a-253 - Possession of marijuana pursuant to a prescription.
- Section 21a-254 - (Formerly Sec. 19-461). Designation of restricted drugs or substances by regulations. Records required by chapter. Electronic prescription drug monitoring program.
- Section 21a-254a - Appointment of prescription drug monitoring working group. Membership.
- Section 21a-255 - (Formerly Sec. 19-462). Penalty for failure to make, furnish or keep records, statements or information. General penalty.
- Section 21a-256 - (Formerly Sec. 19-463). Labeling of package or container of controlled substances.
- Section 21a-257 - (Formerly Sec. 19-464). Person receiving narcotic drug to keep it in original container.
- Section 21a-258 - (Formerly Sec. 19-465). Exceptions concerning possession and control.
- Section 21a-259 - (Formerly Sec. 19-466). Common nuisances. Receivership of rental housing property development.
- Section 21a-260 - (Formerly Sec. 19-467a). Narcotics control section in Department of Consumer Protection.
- Section 21a-261 - (Formerly Sec. 19-468). Inspection of records. Entry on premises. Warrants and arrests.
- Section 21a-262 - (Formerly Sec. 19-469). Commissioner’s authority and duties re controlled substances. When seizing authority may destroy. Disposal by long-term care facilities, outpatient surgical facilities and home health care agencies.
- Section 21a-263 - (Formerly Sec. 19-469a). Power of commissioner to receive and destroy drug paraphernalia. Records.
- Section 21a-264 - (Formerly Sec. 19-470). Notice to licensing boards of violations by licensees.
- Section 21a-265 - (Formerly Sec. 19-471). Inspection of prescriptions, orders, records and stocks restricted to government officers and third-party payors. Confidentiality.
- Section 21a-266 - (Formerly Sec. 19-472). Prohibited acts.
- Section 21a-267 - (Formerly Sec. 19-472a). Penalty for use, possession or delivery of drug paraphernalia. Immunity.
- Section 21a-268 - (Formerly Sec. 19-473). Misrepresentation of substance as controlled substance. Exemption.
- Section 21a-269 - (Formerly Sec. 19-474). Burden of proof of exception, excuse, proviso or exemption.
- Section 21a-270 - (Formerly Sec. 19-474a). Drug paraphernalia: Factors to be considered by court or other authority in determination.
- Section 21a-271 - (Formerly Sec. 19-474b). Severability of provisions concerning drug paraphernalia.
- Section 21a-272 - (Formerly Sec. 19-475). Preparations which may be sold and dispensed. Exceptions.
- Section 21a-273 - (Formerly Sec. 19-476). Substances exempt under federal law.
- Section 21a-274 - (Formerly Sec. 19-477). Cooperation in enforcement of law.
- Section 21a-274a - Drug enforcement grant program. Safe neighborhoods grant program. Community mobilization antidrug grant program.
- Section 21a-275 - (Formerly Sec. 19-478). Revocation or suspension of licenses by commissioner.
- Section 21a-276 - (Formerly Sec. 19-479). Discretion of commissioner to issue warning.
- Section 21a-277 - (Formerly Sec. 19-480). Penalty for illegal manufacture, distribution, sale, prescription, dispensing.
- Section 21a-278 - (Formerly Sec. 19-480a). Penalty for illegal manufacture, distribution, sale, prescription or administration by non-drug-dependent person.
- Section 21a-278a - Penalty for illegal manufacture, distribution, sale, prescription or administration.
- Section 21a-279 - (Formerly Sec. 19-481). Penalty for illegal possession. Alternative sentences. Immunity.
- Section 21a-279a - Penalty for illegal possession of small amount of cannabis-type substance.
- Section 21a-279b - Construction of public act 15-2 of the June special session* re violations of section 21a-279.
- Section 21a-280 - (Formerly Sec. 19-481a). Breathing of anesthesia not violation.
- Section 21a-281 - (Formerly Sec. 19-481b). Presumption of psychological dependence on volatile substances.
- Section 21a-282 - (Formerly Sec. 19-482). No prosecution where federal action has been taken.
- Section 21a-283 - (Formerly Sec. 19-483). Analytical tests for presence of controlled drugs or alcohol. Standards and procedures. Convictions constituting prior offense. Imposition of cost when analysis performed.
- Section 21a-283a - Court authorized to depart from imposing mandatory minimum sentence.
- Section 21a-284 and 21a-285 - (Formerly Secs. 19-484 and 19-485). Suspension of prosecution for treatment for drug dependence; dismissal of charges. Order for treatment in addition to penalties on conviction; penalty for unauthorized departure from hospital.
- Section 21a-286 - Agreements for distribution and administration of opioid antagonists. Regulations.
- Section 21a-287 to 21a-300 - Reserved for future use.
INSTITUTIONAL PHARMACIES AND PHARMACISTS' DRUG ROOMS
- Section 21a-301 to 21a-305 - (Formerly Secs. 19-504a, 19-504c to 19-504e, 19-504g). Definitions. Regulations. Inspections of: Institutional pharmacies, pharmacist's drug rooms and dispensing outpatient facilities; correctional and juvenile training institutions and care-giving institutions. Reports by care-giving, correctional and juvenile training institutions.
- Section 21a-306 - Transferred
- Section 21a-307 - (Formerly Sec. 19-504i). Definitions re dispensing of drugs.
- Section 21a-308 - Transferred
- Section 21a-309 to 21a-315 - Reserved for future use.
*Annotations to former chapter 359:
Cited. 180 C. 557.
Cited. 28 CS 465; 31 CS 130. Persons convicted under chapter to be sentenced in accord with chapter 952 when not inconsistent with this chapter. Id., 350.
Annotations to present chapter:
Former Secs. 19-443 to 19-504 cited. 189 C. 42. Cited. 207 C. 698.
Cited. 7 CA 403.