2011 Connecticut Code
Title 19a Public Health and Well-Being
Chapter 368i Anatomical Donations
- Sec. 19a-270. (Formerly Sec. 19-139). Bodies for anatomical purposes.
- Sec. 19a-270a. (Formerly Sec. 19a-283). Disposition of remains of bodies.
- Sec. 19a-270b. (Formerly Sec. 19a-284). Bodies to be used for medical study.
- Secs. 19a-271 to 19a-279. Donation of bodies for anatomical purposes: Generally.
- Secs. 19a-279a to 19a-281. Anatomical gifts: Definitions. Making, amending, revoking and refusing to make an anatomical gift by an individual. Classes of persons who may make an anatomical gift of all or a part of decedent's body. Role of Chief Medical Examiner. Discussion and request re anatomical gift, search and notification re document of gift or evidence of refusal. Persons who may become donees, purposes for which anatomical gifts may be made. Delivery of document of gift. Rights and duties at death. Coordination of procurement and use. Examination, autopsy, liability. Transitional provision. Regulations. Sale of blood, tissue and organs. Prohibition against transfer for valuable consideration of any human organ for use in human transplantation; penalty. Removal of corneal or pituitary tissue during autopsy; authorization.
- Sec. 19a-282. (Formerly Sec. 19-140). When the delivery of bodies is prohibited.
- Secs. 19a-283 and 19a-284.
- Sec. 19a-285. (Formerly Sec. 19-142a). Consent by minor to medical, dental, health or hospital services for child.
- Sec. 19a-285a. Donation of blood by minors.
- Sec. 19a-286. (Formerly Sec. 19-143). Autopsy consent. Autopsy arrangements, rights and responsibilities. Informed autopsy consent form.
- Sec. 19a-287. (Formerly Sec. 19-144). Penalty.
- Sec. 19a-288. (Formerly Sec. 19-145). Delivering or receiving corpse for speculation; penalty.
- Sec. 19a-289. Short title: Revised Uniform Anatomical Gift Act.
- Sec. 19a-289a. Definitions.
- Sec. 19a-289b. Scope.
- Sec. 19a-289c. Persons who may make an anatomical gift during the life of the donor.
- Sec. 19a-289d. Methods of making anatomical gifts.
- Sec. 19a-289e. Methods of amending or revoking an anatomical gift.
- Sec. 19a-289f. Methods of refusing to make an anatomical gift.
- Sec. 19a-289g. Effect of anatomical gift, amendment, revocation or refusal.
- Sec. 19a-289h. Priority of persons who may make an anatomical gift of a decedent's body or part.
- Sec. 19a-289i. Methods of making or revoking an anatomical gift of a decedent.
- Sec. 19a-289j. Persons who may receive an anatomical gift. Purpose of anatomical gift.
- Sec. 19a-289k. Persons responsible for making a reasonable search of donor intent to make an anatomical gift.
- Sec. 19a-289l. Delivery of document of gift.
- Sec. 19a-289m. Rights and responsibilities of a procurement organization. Donee's rights. Procedures for removing or transplanting donated body parts.
- Sec. 19a-289n. Agreements between hospitals and procurement organizations.
- Sec. 19a-289o. Prohibition against transfer for valuable consideration of any part. Permissible charges.
- Sec. 19a-289p. Prohibited acts re document of gift.
- Sec. 19a-289q. Immunity. Implied warranties not applicable. Determining whether an anatomical gift has been made.
- Sec. 19a-289r. Choice of law.
- Sec. 19a-289s. Requirements re donor registry.
- Sec. 19a-289t. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to cooperate with procurement organizations.
- Sec. 19a-289u. Uniformity of application and construction of act.
- Sec. 19a-289v. Relation to Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
- Secs. 19a-290 to 19a-294.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.