There is a newer version of the Connecticut General Statutes
2005 Connecticut Code - Chapter 435 — Dogs and Other Companion Animals. Kennels and Pet Shops (contains Secs. 22-327 to 22-367a)
- Sec. 22-327. Definitions.
- Sec. 22-328. Enforcement. Animal control officers. Expenses.
- Sec. 22-329. Prevention of cruelty to dogs and other animals.
- Sec. 22-329a. Seizure of neglected or cruelly treated animals. Notice. Hearing. Posting of bond. Proceedings re ownership. Animal abuse cost recovery account. Report to General Assembly.
- Sec. 22-330. Authority of officers issuing summons.
- Sec. 22-331. Municipal animal control officers. Assistants.
- Sec. 22-331a. Regional animal control officers. Pounds.
- Sec. 22-332. Impoundment and disposition of roaming, injured or mistreated animals. Authority to spay or neuter unclaimed dog.
- Sec. 22-332a. Use of dogs for medical research restricted.
- Sec. 22-332b. License for use of dogs.
- Sec. 22-332c. Penalty.
- Sec. 22-332d. Impoundment and disposition of certain cats. Authority to spay or neuter unclaimed cat.
- Sec. 22-333. Redemption of impounded dog, cat or other animal.
- Sec. 22-334. Municipal animal control officer's fees.
- Sec. 22-335. Removal of municipal animal control officer. Complaint against municipal animal control officer.
- Sec. 22-336. Towns to provide pounds or other suitable facilities. Regulations. Enforcement.
- Sec. 22-337. Notice of licensing requirements.
- Sec. 22-338. Licensing of dogs. Fees. Penalties. Rabies certificate. Exemption.
- Sec. 22-339. Licensing of dogs which are six months of age or older by new owners. Fees.
- Sec. 22-339a. Town clerks may deputize agents for the issuance of licenses. Licensing of dogs acquired from dog pounds. Fees. Rabies certificate.
- Sec. 22-339b. Rabies vaccination required for dogs and cats. Booster vaccination required. Proof of vaccination.
- Sec. 22-339c. Certificate of rabies vaccination.
- Sec. 22-339d. Municipal control of feral cats.
- Sec. 22-340. Town clerk to provide licenses and tags.
- Sec. 22-341. Tag or plate to be attached to dog collar or harness. Cost.
- Sec. 22-342. Kennel licenses. Certain breeders to be licensed. Inspection of kennel facilities. Penalties.
- Sec. 22-343. Temporary placing of dog.
- Sec. 22-344. Licensing of commercial kennel, pet shop, training facility or grooming facility. Fees. Inspection. Conformance to zoning regulations.
- Sec. 22-344a. Euthanasia of animals by pet shops.
- Sec. 22-344b. Pet shop required to have dogs and cats examined by veterinarian. Replacement or refund. Penalty.
- Sec. 22-344c. Licensure of breeding facilities by towns.
- Sec. 22-344d. Signs required in pet shops selling dogs. Penalty.
- Sec. 22-344e. License required for procurement of dog or cat for resale. Penalty.
- Sec. 22-345. License and tag for guide dogs for blind, deaf or mobility impaired persons.
- Secs. 22-345a and 22-345b.
- Sec. 22-346. Guide dogs on trains.
- Sec. 22-346a.
- Sec. 22-347. Use of license fees.
- Sec. 22-348. Allocation of license fees to The University of Connecticut. Balance to towns.
- Sec. 22-349. Unlicensed dogs. Regulations. Impoundment.
- Sec. 22-350. Dogs as personal property. Tax exemption. Theft.
- Sec. 22-350a. Tethering and confining of dog for unreasonable period of time. Fine.
- Sec. 22-351. Theft, killing or injuring of companion animal. Penalty. Liability.
- Sec. 22-351a. Liability for intentionally killing or injuring companion animal.
- Sec. 22-352. Change of residence of owner.
- Sec. 22-353. Identifying insignia or tattoo marks.
- Sec. 22-354. Imported dogs and cats. Health certificates. Importation from rabies quarantine area. Puppies and kittens. Sale of young puppies and kittens.
- Sec. 22-355. Damage by dogs to domestic animals.
- Sec. 22-356. Damage by two or more dogs.
- Sec. 22-357. Damage to person or property.
- Sec. 22-358. Killing of dogs doing damage. Quarantine of biting dogs, cats or other animals. Notice. Seizure. Euthanasia and examination of potentially rabid animals. Regulations re expedited appeal and hearing process re restraint or disposal of dogs.
- Sec. 22-359. Control of rabies.
- Sec. 22-359a. Clinic for vaccination against rabies.
- Sec. 22-359b. Rabies vaccine.
- Secs. 22-359c and 22-359d. Certificate of rabies vaccination. Licensing and vaccination of cats not required.
- Sec. 22-359e. Tags and certificates indicating rabies vaccination.
- Secs. 22-360 and 22-361. Pasteur treatment. Examination of dog for rabies.
- Sec. 22-362. Annoyance by dogs on highway.
- Sec. 22-363. Nuisance.
- Sec. 22-364. Dogs roaming at large. Intentional or reckless subsequent violation.
- Sec. 22-364a. Intentional or reckless release of domestic animal which causes damage.
- Sec. 22-364b. Control of dogs in proximity to guide dogs.
- Sec. 22-365. Obstruction of commissioner or any animal control officer. Penalty.
- Sec. 22-366. Cropping of dog's ears.
- Sec. 22-367. General penalty. Enforcement.
- Sec. 22-367a. Regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.