2019 Code of Alabama
Title 33 - Navigation and Watercourses.
Chapter 15 - Bear Creek Development Authority.
Section 33-15-1 - Definitions.
The following words and phrases used in this chapter, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein:
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(3) BONDS. Such term shall include bonds and notes.
(4) COUNTY. A county in the state.
(5) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(6) GOVERNING BODY. The county commission of a county.
(7) MUNICIPALITY. An incorporated city or town of the state.
(8) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county, or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county or municipality, of one or more of the several states or of the United States of America.
(9) PROPERTY. Such term means and includes real and personal property and interests therein.
(10) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(11) WATERSHED. Such term means and includes all land in the counties of Marion, Colbert, Franklin and Winston, lying within 15 miles of Bear Creek and any of its tributaries.
(12) HEREIN, HEREBY, HEREUNDER, HEREOF. Such terms and other equivalent words refer to this chapter as an entirety and not solely to the particular section or portion thereof in which any such word is used.
The definitions set forth herein shall be deemed applicable whether the words defined are used in the singular or plural. Whenever used herein, any pronoun or pronouns shall be deemed to include both singular and plural and to cover all genders.(Acts 1965, No. 584, p. 1080, §1.)