2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 6A - PROGRAMS FOR IMPROVING EDUCATION.
- Section 16-6A-1 - Short title.
- Section 16-6A-2 - Definitions.
- Section 16-6A-3 - Legislative intent.
- Section 16-6A-4 - Governor's program for improving education.
- Section 16-6A-5 - Governor's Educational Reform Commission - Composition; funding.
- Section 16-6A-6 - Governor's Educational Reform Commission - Chairperson; meetings; rules for conducting business; expenses; employment of staff.
- Section 16-6A-7 - Governor's Educational Reform Commission - To study education reform; serve in advisory capacity; make reports to Governor and Legislature; dissolution; not to duplicate education board.
- Section 16-6A-8 - Governor's Educational Reform Commission - Additional powers and duties.
- Section 16-6A-9 - Development of plan for improving courses in critical needs areas.
- Section 16-6A-10 - Employment of provisionally certified persons for critical needs areas.
- Section 16-6A-14 - Scholarship loans for teacher education programs in critical needs areas - Rules and regulations.
- Section 16-6A-15 - Tuition grant program for certified teachers; limitations on tuition reimbursement; letter of commitment; withholding records upon failure to satisfy agreement.
- Section 16-6A-16 - Plan for in-service education centers; governing boards; requirements of centers; school systems to affiliate with centers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.