2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 18B - ALABAMA FORENSIC SCIENCES BOND AUTHORITY.
Section 16-18B-3 - Authorization and procedure for incorporations; application.
The Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the State Treasurer, and the Director of Finance of the state may become a corporation, with the powers and authorities hereinafter provided, by proceeding according to the provisions of this article. To become a corporation, the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the State Treasurer, and the Director of Finance shall present to the Secretary of State of Alabama an application signed by them which shall set forth:
(1) The name, official designation and official residence of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of the commission evidencing each applicant's right to office;
(2) The date on which each applicant was inducted into office and the term of office of each of the applicants;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the Alabama Forensic Sciences Bond Authority;
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation, which shall be Montgomery, Alabama; and
(5) Any other matter relating to the incorporation which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this article or the laws of the State of Alabama.
The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of the State of Alabama to take acknowledgments to deeds. The Secretary of State shall examine the application and, if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive and file it and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.(Act 98-391, p. 771, §3.)