2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 18B - ALABAMA FORENSIC SCIENCES BOND AUTHORITY.
Section 16-18B-2 - Definitions.
Where used in this article the following words and terms shall be given the following respective meanings unless the context hereof clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) AMENDMENT. The amendment to the constitution of the state authorizing the issuance of the bonds.
(2) CORPORATION. The public corporation authorized to be created by this article.
(3) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The board of directors of the corporation.
(4) BONDS. The bonds issued under this article.
(5) CODE. The Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
(6) GOVERNMENT SECURITIES. Any bonds or other obligations which as to principal and interest constitute direct obligations of, or are unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America, including obligations of any federal agency to the extent such obligations are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America and any certificates or any other evidences of an ownership interest in such obligations of, or unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America or in specified portions thereof (which may consist of the principal thereof or the interest thereon).
(7) GOVERNOR. The Governor of the state.
(8) LEGISLATURE. The Legislature of the state.
(9) PERMITTED INVESTMENTS:
a. Government securities;
b. Bonds, debentures, notes or other evidences of indebtedness issued by any of the following agencies, to the extent that such obligations are secured by the full faith and credit of the United States: Bank for Cooperatives; federal intermediate credit banks; Federal Financing Bank; federal home loan banks or federal land banks; or any other agency or corporation which has been or may hereafter be created by or pursuant to an act of the Congress of the United States as an agency or instrumentality thereof, the bonds, debentures, participation certificates or notes of which are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America;
c. Bonds, notes, pass through securities or other evidences of indebtedness of Government National Mortgage Corporation and participation certificates of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation;
d. Full faith and credit obligations of any state, provided that at the time of purchase such obligations are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Rating Group and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service;
e. Public housing bonds issued by public agencies or municipalities and fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by contracts with the United States of America, or temporary notes, preliminary notes or project notes issued by public agencies or municipalities, in each case fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by a requisition or payment agreement with the United States of America;
f. Time deposits evidenced by certificates of deposit issued by banks or savings and loan associations which are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, provided that, to the extent such time deposits exceed available federal deposit insurance, such time deposits are fully secured by obligations described in clauses a, b, c and e above, which at all times have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to such bank time deposits so secured, including interest, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Rating Group for structured financings;
g. Repurchase agreements for obligations of the type specified in clauses a, b, c, and e above, provided such repurchase agreements are fully collateralized and secured by such obligations which have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the purchase price of such repurchase agreements and which are held by a depository satisfactory to the State Treasurer in such a manner as may be required to provide a perfected security interest in such obligations, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Rating Group for structured financings; and
h. Uncollateralized investment agreements with, or certificates of deposit issued by, banks or bank holding companies, the senior long-term securities of which are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Rating Group and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
(10) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(11) "Herein," "hereby," "hereunder," "hereof," and other equivalent words refer to this article as an entirety and not solely to the particular section or portion thereof in which such words are used.
The definitions set forth above shall be deemed applicable whether the words defined are used in the singular or plural. Whenever used herein, any pronoun or pronouns shall be deemed to include both singular and plural and to cover all genders.(Act 98-391, p. 771, §2.)