- I-0 - Preamble
- I-1 - Statement of rights.
- I-2 - Slavery prohibited.
- I-3 - Due process of law; equal protection.
- I-4 - Religious freedom.
- I-5 - Freedom of speech and press.
- I-6 - Trial by jury.
- I-7 - Search and seizure.
- I-8 - Habeas corpus.
- I-9 - Bail; fines; imprisonment; cruel and unusual punishment.
- I-10 - Presentment or indictment by grand jury; information.
- I-11 - Rights of Accused.
- I-12 - Evidence against self; double jeopardy.
- I-13 - Justice administered without delay; Legislature; authorization to enforce mediation and arbitration.
- I-14 - Treason.
- I-15 - Penalties; corruption of blood; transporting out of state prohibited.
- I-16 - Bill of attainder; retroactive laws; contracts; special privileges.
- I-17 - Military subordinate.
- I-18 - Soldiers quarters.
- I-19 - Right of peaceable assembly and to petition government.
- I-20 - Imprisonment for debt prohibited.
- I-21 - Private property compensated for.
- I-22 - Elections to be free.
- I-23 - Capital cases; right of direct appeal; effect; other cases; right of appeal.
- I-24 - Repealed 1990. Laws 1990, LR 8, sec. 1.
- I-25 - Rights of property; no discrimination; aliens.
- I-26 - Powers retained by people.
- I-27 - English language to be official.
- I-28 - Crime victims; rights enumerated; effect; Legislature; duties.
- I-29 - Marriage; same-sex relationships not valid or recognized.
- II-1 - Legislative, executive, judicial.
- III-1 - Legislative authority; how vested; power of initiative; power of referendum.
- III-2 - First power reserved; initiative.
- III-3 - Second power reserved; referendum.
- III-4 - Initiative or referendum; signatures required; veto; election returns; constitutional amendments; non-partisan ballot.
- III-5 - Legislative districts; apportionment; redistricting, when required.
- III-6 - Legislature; number of members; annual sessions.
- III-7 - Legislators; terms; effect of redistricting; election; salary; expenses; mileage.
- III-8 - Legislators; qualifications; one-year residence in district; removal from district, effect.
- III-9 - Legislators; disqualifications; election to other office; resignation required.
- III-10 - Legislative sessions; time; quorum; rules of procedure; expulsion of members; disrespectful behavior, penalty.
- III-11 - Legislative journal; vote viva voce; open doors; committee votes.
- III-12 - Legislators; terms; limitation.
- III-13 - Style of bills; majority necessary to passage; yeas and nays entered on journal.
- III-14 - Bills and resolutions read by title; printing; vote for final passage; bills to contain one subject; amended section to be set forth; signing of bills.
- III-15 - Members privileged from arrest.
- III-16 - Members of the Legislature and state officers; conflicts of interest; standards for.
- III-17 - Impeachment; procedure.
- III-18 - Local or special laws prohibited.
- III-19 - Compensation; increase when; extra compensation to public officers and contractors prohibited; retirement benefits; adjustment.
- III-20 - Salt springs, coal, oil, minerals; alienation prohibited.
- III-21 - Donation of state lands prohibited; when.
- III-22 - Appropriations for state; deficiencies; bills for pay of members and officials.
- III-23 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1972, LB 302, sec. 1.
- III-24 - Games of chance, lotteries, and gift enterprises; restrictions; parimutuel wagering on horseraces; bingo games; use of state lottery proceeds.
- III-25 - Incidental expenses of state officers; specific appropriations always necessary; warrants for money.
- III-26 - Privilege of members.
- III-27 - Acts take effect after three months; emergency bills; session laws.
- III-28 - Repealed 1934. Initiative Measure No. 330.
- III-29 - Legislative authority in emergencies due to enemy attack upon United States.
- III-30 - Legislature to pass necessary laws.
- IV-1 - Executive departments; officers; when elected; terms; eligibility; books to be kept at seat of government; residence of officers; heads of departments; appointments.
- IV-2 - Governor; Lieutenant Governor; eligibility; qualifications; appointive officers, ineligible for other office.
- IV-3 - Treasurer; ineligibility.
- IV-4 - Election returns; canvass by Legislature; conduct of election contests.
- IV-5 - Impeachment.
- IV-6 - Supreme executive power.
- IV-7 - Message by Governor; budget; contents; budget bill; preparation; appropriations not to be in excess of budget; exception; excess subject to veto.
- IV-8 - Special sessions.
- IV-9 - Repealed 1934. Initiative Measure No. 330.
- IV-10 - Governor to appoint officers; removal.
- IV-11 - Elected state officer; vacation of office; Governor fill by appointment; term.
- IV-12 - Nonelective state officers; vacation; Governor; fill the office by appointment; approval by Legislature.
- IV-13 - Board of parole; members; powers; reprieves; proceedings; power to pardon; limitations.
- IV-14 - Governor to be commander-in-chief of militia.
- IV-15 - Bills to be presented to Governor; approval; procedure; disapproval or reduction of items of appropriation; passage despite disapproval or reduction.
- IV-16 - Order of succession to become Governor; Lieutenant Governor; duties.
- IV-17 - Repealed 1934. Initiative Measure No. 330.
- IV-18 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1972, LB 302, sec. 1.
- IV-19 - State institutions; management, control, and government; determination by Legislature.
- IV-20 - Public Service Commission; membership; terms; powers.
- IV-21 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1972, LB 302, sec. 1.
- IV-22 - Executive officials to keep accounts; reports; false reports, penalty.
- IV-23 - Executive officials and heads of institutions; reports to Legislature; information from expending agencies.
- IV-24 - Great seal.
- IV-25 - Salaries of officials; fees.
- IV-26 - Officials to give bonds.
- IV-27 - Executive offices; creation of.
- IV-28 - Tax Equalization and Review Commission; members; powers; Tax Commissioner; powers.
- V-1 - Power vested in courts; Chief Justice; powers.
- V-2 - Supreme Court; number of judges; quorum; jurisdiction; retired judges, temporary duty; court divisions; assignments by Chief Justice.
- V-3 - Terms of Supreme Court.
- V-4 - Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme Court; selection; residence; location of offices.
- V-5 - Supreme Court judicial districts; redistricting; when.
- V-6 - Chief Justice to preside.
- V-7 - Chief Justice; Associate Justices; qualifications.
- V-8 - Supreme Court appoint staff; budget; copyright of state reports.
- V-9 - District courts; jurisdiction; felons may plead guilty; sentence.
- V-10 - District court judicial districts.
- V-11 - District court judges; change of number; boundaries.
- V-12 - District court judges may hold court for each other; retired judges, temporary duty.
- V-13 - Supreme and district judges; salaries.
- V-14 - Supreme and district judges not to act as attorneys; judge not to practice law, when.
- V-15 - Repealed 1970. Laws 1969, c. 419, sec. 1(2) p. 1432.
- V-16 - Repealed 1970. Laws 1969, c. 419, sec. 1(2) p. 1432.
- V-17 - Repealed 1970. Laws 1969, c. 419, sec. 1(2) p. 1432.
- V-18 - Repealed 1970. Laws 1969, c. 419, sec. 1(2) p. 1432.
- V-19 - Practice of all courts to be uniform.
- V-20 - Officers in this Article; tenure; residence; duties; compensation.
- V-21 - Merit plan for selection of judges; terms of office; filling of vacancies; procedure; voting for nominee.
- V-22 - State may sue and be sued.
- V-23 - Jurisdiction of judges at chambers.
- V-24 - Style of process.
- V-25 - Supreme Court to promulgate rules of practice; to make recommendations to Legislature.
- V-26 - Proviso as to effect of amendment.
- V-27 - Juvenile courts; authorization.
- V-28 - Commission on Judicial Qualifications; appointment; composition; qualifications.
- V-29 - Commission on Judicial Qualifications; vote of majority required for action.
- V-30 - Judges; discipline; removal from office; grounds; procedure.
- V-31 - Judges; procedure for removal from office cumulative.
- VI-1 - Qualifications of electors.
- VI-2 - Who disqualified.
- VI-3 - Military or naval service; place and manner of voting.
- VI-4 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 339, sec. 1.
- VI-5 - Electors; privileged from arrest.
- VI-6 - Votes, how cast.
- VII-1 - Legislature; free instruction in common schools; provide.
- VII-2 - State Department of Education; general supervision of school system.
- VII-3 - State Board of Education; members; election; manner of election; term of office.
- VII-4 - State Board of Education; Commissioner of Education; appointment; powers and duties.
- VII-5 - Fines, penalties, and license money; allocation; use of forfeited conveyances.
- VII-6 - Educational lands; management; Board of Educational Lands and Funds; members; appointment; sale of lands.
- VII-7 - Perpetual funds enumerated.
- VII-8 - Trust funds belong to state for educational purposes; use; investment.
- VII-9 - Educational funds; trust funds; use of.
- VII-10 - University of Nebraska; government; Board of Regents; election; student membership; terms.
- VII-11 - Appropriation of public funds; handicapped children; sectarian instruction; religious test of teacher or student.
- VII-12 - Education and reform of minors.
- VII-13 - State colleges; government; board; name; selection; duties; compensation.
- VII-14 - Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education; membership; powers and duties; coordination, defined.
- VII-15 - Omitted.
- VII-16 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1972, LB 1023, sec. 1.
- VII-17 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1972, LB 1023, sec. 1.
- VIII-1 - Revenue; raised by taxation; legislative powers.
- VIII-2 - Exemption of property from taxation; classification.
- VIII-3 - Redemption from sales of real estate for taxes.
- VIII-4 - Legislature has no power to remit taxes; exception; cancellation of taxes on land acquired by the state.
- VIII-5 - County taxes; limitation.
- VIII-6 - Local improvements of cities, towns and villages.
- VIII-7 - Private property not liable for corporate debts; municipalities and inhabitants exempt for corporate purposes.
- VIII-8 - Funding indebtedness; warrants.
- VIII-9 - Claims upon treasury; adjustment; approval; appeal.
- VIII-10 - Taxation of grain and seed; alternative basis permitted.
- VIII-11 - Public corporations and political subdivisions providing electricity; payment in lieu of taxes.
- VIII-12 - Cities or villages; redevelopment project; substandard and blighted property; incur indebtedness; taxes; how treated.
- VIII-13 - Revenue laws and legislative acts; how construed.
- VIII-1A - Levy of property tax for state purposes; prohibition.
- VIII-1B - Income tax; may be based upon the laws of the United States.
- VIII-2A - Exemption of personal property in transit in licensed warehouses or storage areas.
- IX-1 - Area.
- IX-2 - Division of county; decision of question.
- IX-3 - County added to another; prior indebtedness; county stricken off; liabilities.
- IX-4 - County and township officers.
- IX-5 - Township organization.
- X-1 - Reports under oath.
- X-2 - Property liable to sale on execution.
- X-3 - Consolidation of stock or property.
- X-4 - Railways declared public highways; maximum rates; liability not limited.
- X-5 - Capital stock; dividends.
- X-6 - Eminent domain.
- X-7 - Unjust discrimination and extortion.
- X-8 - Eminent domain for depot or other uses.
- XI-1 - Subscription to stock prohibited.
- XI-2 - City of 5,000 may frame charter; procedure.
- XI-3 - Rejection of charter; effect; procedure to frame new charter.
- XI-4 - Charter; amendment; charter convention.
- XI-5 - Charter of city of 100,000; home rule charter authorized.
- XII-1 - Legislature to provide for organization, regulation, and supervision of corporations and associations; limitation; elections for directors or managers; voting rights of stockholders.
- XII-2 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 762, sec. 1.
- XII-3 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 762, sec. 1.
- XII-4 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 762, sec. 1.
- XII-5 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 762, sec. 1.
- XII-6 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 762, sec. 1.
- XII-7 - Repealed 1938. Laws 1937, c. 18, sec. 1, p. 124.
- XII-8 - Corporation acquiring an interest in real estate used for farming or ranching or engaging in farming or ranching; restrictions; Secretary of State, Attorney General; duties; Legislature; powers.
- XIII-1 - State may contract debts; limitation; exceptions.
- XIII-2 - Industrial and economic development; powers of counties and municipalities.
- XIII-3 - Credit of state; exception.
- XIV-1 - Personnel; organization; discipline.
- XV-1 - Official oath; refusal; disqualification.
- XV-2 - Official in default as collector and custodian of public money or property; disqualification; felon disqualified.
- XV-3 - Repealed 1986. Laws 1986, LR 318, sec. 1.
- XV-4 - Water a public necessity.
- XV-5 - Use of water dedicated to people.
- XV-6 - Right to divert unappropriated waters.
- XV-7 - Use of water for power purposes.
- XV-8 - Employment of women and children; minimum wage.
- XV-9 - Controversies between employers and employees; industrial commission; appeals.
- XV-10 - Repealed 1934. Laws 1933, c. 94, sec. 1, p. 376.
- XV-11 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 502, sec. 1.
- XV-12 - Removal of state capital.
- XV-13 - Labor organizations; no denial of employment; closed shop not permitted.
- XV-14 - Labor organization; definition.
- XV-15 - Labor organizations; amendment self-executing; laws to facilitate operation permitted.
- XV-16 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 688, sec. 1.
- XV-17 - Retirement and pension funds; investment.
- XV-18 - Governmental powers and functions; intergovernmental cooperation; Legislature may limit; merger or consolidation of counties or other local governments authorized.
- XV-19 - Liquor licenses; municipalities and counties; powers.
- XV-20 - Omitted.
- XV-21 - Omitted.
- XV-22 - Omitted.
- XV-23 - Omitted.
- XV-24 - Omitted.
- XVI-1 - How Proposed.
- XVI-2 - Convention.
- XVII-1 - Terms; reference to members of the Legislature to include appointed and elected members.
- XVII-2 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 504, sec. 1.
- XVII-3 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 504, sec. 1.
- XVII-4 - General election of state.
- XVII-5 - Terms of office of all elected officers.
- XVII-6 - Transferred to Article III, section 30, Constitution of Nebraska.
- XVII-7 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 504, sec. 1.
- XVII-8 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 504, sec. 1.
- XVII-9 - Repealed 1998. Laws 1997, LR 17CA, sec. 3.
- XVII-10 - Sec. 10. (Failed to carry at election.)
- XVII-11 - Repealed 1972. Laws 1971, LB 504, sec. 1.
- XVIII-1 - Statement of intent.
- XVIII-2 - Instruction to members of congressional delegation; ballot notation; when.
- XVIII-3 - Nonincumbent candidates; Term Limits Pledge; ballot notation; when.
- XVIII-4 - Instruction to members of the Legislature; ballot notation; when.
- XVIII-5 - Ballot notation; Secretary of State; duties; appeal.
- XVIII-6 - Automatic repeal; when.
- XVIII-7 - Legal challenge; jurisdiction.
- XVIII-8 - Severability.