2020 Wyoming Statutes
Title 29 - Liens
Chapter 2 - Contractors or Materialmen
Section 29-2-101 - Persons Entitled to Liens; Extent of Lien on Realty; Exceptions.

Universal Citation: WY Stat § 29-2-101 (2020)

29-2-101. Persons entitled to liens; extent of lien on realty; exceptions.

(a) Every contractor, subcontractor or materialman performing any work on or furnishing any materials for any building or any improvement upon real property shall have for his work done or plans or materials furnished a lien upon the building or improvements, and upon the real property of the owner on which they are situated to the extent of one (1) acre. If the improvements cover more than one (1) acre the lien shall extend to all the additional real property covered thereby.

(b) To have a lien the work or materials shall be furnished under a contract.

(c) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section if the real property subject to a lien is located in any city, town or subdivision the lien shall extend to the entire lot upon which the building or improvement is located.

(d) A cooperative utility, as defined by W.S. 17-20-140(a)(i), shall have a lien for the materials or services provided to a member. The lien shall attach to the real property of the member at the location where the materials or services were provided, if the amount due to the utility:

(i) Is greater than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00); and

(ii) Has been unpaid for more than ninety (90) days.

(e) The lien under this section shall extend to the owner's real property and easements to the extent necessary to provide legal access by a roadway for ingress and egress to the building, improvements or real property subject to the lien, not to exceed forty (40) feet in width to the nearest easement, public road or highway.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.