2011 Wyoming Statutes
TITLE 6 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 3 - OFFENSES AGAINST PROPERTY
ARTICLE 1 - ARSON AND RELATED OFFENSES
- 6-3-101. Arson; first degree; aggravated arson; penalties.
- 6-3-102. Arson; second degree; penalties.
- 6-3-103. Arson; third degree; penalties.
- 6-3-104. Arson; fourth degree; penalties.
- 6-3-105. Negligently burning woods, prairie or grounds; penalties.
- 6-3-106. Failure to extinguish or contain fire in woods or prairie; penalty.
- 6-3-107. Throwing burning substance from vehicle; penalties.
- 6-3-108. Definitions for W.S. 6-3-108 through 6-3-110.
- 6-3-109. Information provided by insurers; notice of nonaccidental fires; release of information; immunity.
- 6-3-110. Information to be held in confidence.
- 6-3-111. Possession, manufacture, transportation and sale of explosives, improvised explosive device, or incendiary apparatus with unlawful intent prohibited; penalties; definition; exception.
- 6-3-112. Preventing or obstructing extinguishment of fire; interference with firefighter; penalties.
ARTICLE 2 - PROPERTY DESTRUCTION AND DEFACEMENT
- 6-3-201. Property destruction and defacement; grading; penalties; aggregated costs or values.
- 6-3-202. Altering landmarks; penalties.
- 6-3-203. Cruelty to animals; penalties; limitation on manner of destruction.
- 6-3-204. Littering; penalties.
ARTICLE 3 - BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL INTRUSION
- 6-3-301. Burglary; aggravated burglary; penalties.
- 6-3-302. Criminal entry; penalties; affirmative defenses.
- 6-3-303. Criminal trespass; penalties.
- 6-3-304. Possession of burglar's tools; penalties.
- 6-3-305. Breaking, opening or entering of coin machine with intent to commit larceny; penalties.
- 6-3-306. Forcible entry or detainer; penalty.
ARTICLE 4 - LARCENY AND RELATED OFFENSES
- 6-3-401. Definitions.
- 6-3-402. Larceny; livestock rustling; theft of fuel; penalties.
- 6-3-403. Wrongful taking or disposing of property; venue of indictment.
- 6-3-404. Shoplifting; altering or removing price tags and markers; penalties.
- 6-3-405. Reasonable detention and interrogation of persons suspected of shoplifting or altering price tag; defense in civil or criminal action.
- 6-3-406. Defrauding an innkeeper; penalties; definitions.
- 6-3-407. Obtaining property by false pretenses; penalties.
- 6-3-408. Theft of services; penalties.
- 6-3-409. Fraudulently obtaining telecommunications services deemed misdemeanor.
- 6-3-410. Value of property may be aggregated in certain cases.
- 6-3-411. Unlawful use of theft detection shielding devices; penalty.
ARTICLE 5 - COMPUTER CRIMES
- 6-3-501. Definitions.
- 6-3-502. Crimes against intellectual property; penalties.
- 6-3-503. Crimes against computer equipment or supplies; interruption or impairment of governmental operations or public services; penalties.
- 6-3-504. Crimes against computer users; penalties.
- 6-3-505. This article not exclusive.
ARTICLE 6 - FRAUD
- 6-3-601. "Writing" defined.
- 6-3-602. Forgery; penalties.
- 6-3-603. Possession of forged writings and forgery devices; penalties.
- 6-3-604. Fraud against testamentary instruments and government records; penalties; "government record" defined.
- 6-3-605. Operation of coin machine by slug or without required legal tender; manufacture or distribution of slugs; penalties; "slug" defined.
- 6-3-606. Impersonation of a peace officer; penalties.
- 6-3-607. Defrauding creditors; penalties.
- 6-3-608. Fraudulent use of materials; fraudulent obtaining of money by contractor; penalties.
- 6-3-609. Sports bribery; definitions; penalties; venue; bonuses not prohibited.
- 6-3-610. Mislabeling merchandise; penalty.
- 6-3-611. False, misleading or deceptive advertising; penalty.
- 6-3-612. False written statements to obtain property or credit; penalties.
- 6-3-613. False representations of value of shares, bonds or property; penalties.
- 6-3-614. Defrauding drug and alcohol screening tests; penalties.
- 6-3-615. Use of false identity, citizenship or resident alien documents, penalty.
ARTICLE 7 - CHECK FRAUD
- 6-3-701. Definitions.
- 6-3-702. Fraud by check; penalties.
- 6-3-703. Prima facie evidence of intent that check not to be paid; evidence of knowledge of account balance.
- 6-3-704. Acquirer of right to check with insufficient funds may file complaint; deferred prosecution or probation and restitution on checks.
- 6-3-705. Liability of drawee for release of information to payee, holder or official; liability of person committing fraud to holder.
- 6-3-706. Bank not liable for release of information on drawer's account after warrant issued.
ARTICLE 8 - CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- 6-3-801. "Credit card" defined.
- 6-3-802. Unlawful use of credit card; penalties.
- 6-3-803. Unlawful skimming of credit, debit or other electronic payment cards; penalties.
ARTICLE 9 - THEFT OF IDENTITY
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.