2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 949. Awards for the victims of crimes.
949.20 Definitions. In this subchapter:
(1) “Cooperate with a law enforcement agency" means to report a sex offense to a law enforcement agency or to aid a law enforcement agency in the investigation of a sex offense.
(2) “Department" means the department of justice.
(3) “Examination costs" means the costs of an examination that is done to gather evidence regarding a sex offense, any procedure during that examination process that tests for or prevents a sexually transmitted disease, and any medication provided or prescribed, during that examination process, that prevents or treats a sexually transmitted disease that the person performing the examination or procedure believes could be a consequence of the sex offense. “Examination costs" does not include any processing or administrative costs, attorney fees, or other expenses.
(4) “Guardian of the victim" means one of the following:
(a) If the victim is under 18 years of age, the parent, guardian, or legal custodian of the victim.
(b) If the victim has been determined to be incompetent under ch. 54, the guardian of the victim.
(5) “Health care provider" means any person providing health care services.
(6) “Law enforcement agency" has the meaning given in s. 165.83 (1) (b).
(7) “Sex offense" means an act committed in the state that, if committed by a competent adult, would be a violation, or an attempted violation, of s. 940.225, 948.02, 948.025, 948.05, 948.06, 948.08, or 948.09.
(8) “Sexually transmitted disease" has the meaning given in s. 252.11 (1).
(9) “Victim" means a person against whom a sex offense has been committed.