2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 66. General municipality law.
GENERAL POWERS; ADMINISTRATION
- 66.0101 Home rule; manner of exercise.
- 66.0103 Code of ordinances.
- 66.0104 Prohibiting ordinances that place certain limits or requirements on a landlord.
- 66.0105 Jurisdiction of overlapping extraterritorial powers.
- 66.0107 Power of municipalities to prohibit criminal conduct.
- 66.0109 Penalties under county and municipal ordinances.
- 66.0111 Bond or cash deposit under municipal ordinances.
- 66.0113 Citations for certain ordinance violations.
- 66.0114 Actions for violation of ordinances.
- 66.0115 Outstanding unpaid forfeitures.
- 66.0117 Judgment against local governmental units.
- 66.0119 Special inspection warrants.
- 66.0121 Orders; action; proof of demand.
- 66.0123 Recreation authority.
- 66.0125 Community relations-social development commissions.
- 66.0127 Municipal hospital board.
- 66.0129 Hospital facilities lease from nonprofit corporation.
- 66.0131 Local governmental purchasing.
- 66.0133 Energy savings performance contracting.
- 66.0135 Interest on late payments.
- 66.0137 Provision of insurance.
- 66.0139 Disposal of abandoned property.
- 66.0141 Accident record systems.
- 66.0143 Local appeals for exemption from state mandates.
INCORPORATION; MUNICIPAL BOUNDARIES
- 66.0201 Incorporation of villages and cities; purpose and definitions.
- 66.0203 Procedure for incorporation of villages and cities.
- 66.0205 Standards to be applied by the circuit court.
- 66.0207 Standards to be applied by the board.
- 66.0209 Review of incorporation-related orders and decisions.
- 66.0211 Incorporation referendum procedure.
- 66.0213 Powers of new village or city: elections; adjustment of taxes; reorganization as village.
- 66.0215 Incorporation of certain towns adjacent to 1st class cities.
- 66.02162 Incorporation of certain towns contiguous to 3rd class cities or villages.
- 66.0217 Annexation initiated by electors and property owners.
- 66.0219 Annexation by referendum initiated by city or village.
- 66.0221 Annexation of and creation of town islands.
- 66.0223 Annexation of territory owned by a city or village.
- 66.0225 Stipulated boundary agreements in contested boundary actions.
- 66.0227 Detachment of territory.
- 66.0229 Consolidation.
- 66.0230 Town consolidation with a city or village.
- 66.0231 Notice of certain litigation affecting municipal status or boundaries.
- 66.0233 Town participation in actions to test alterations of town boundaries.
- 66.0235 Adjustment of assets and liabilities on division of territory.
- 66.0301 Intergovernmental cooperation.
- 66.0303 Municipal interstate cooperation.
- 66.0304 Conduit revenue bonds.
- 66.0305 Political subdivision revenue sharing.
- 66.0307 Boundary change pursuant to approved cooperative plan.
- 66.0309 Creation, organization, powers and duties of regional planning commissions.
- 66.0311 Intergovernmental cooperation in financing and undertaking housing projects.
- 66.0312 Local health departments; mutual assistance.
- 66.03125 Fire departments; mutual assistance.
- 66.0313 Law enforcement; mutual assistance.
- 66.0314 State of emergency; mutual assistance.
- 66.0315 Municipal cooperation; federal rivers, harbors or water resources projects.
- 66.0316 Renew Wisconsin performance review.
- 66.0317 Cooperation region.
- 66.0401 Regulation relating to solar and wind energy systems.
- 66.0403 Solar and wind access permits.
- 66.0404 Mobile tower siting regulations.
- 66.0405 Removal of rubbish.
- 66.0406 Radio broadcast service facility regulations.
- 66.0407 Noxious weeds.
- 66.0408 Regulation of occupations.
- 66.0409 Local regulation of weapons.
- 66.0410 Local regulation of ticket reselling.
- 66.0411 Sound-producing devices; impoundment; seizure and forfeiture.
- 66.0412 Local regulation of real estate brokers, brokerage services.
- 66.0413 Razing buildings.
- 66.0415 Offensive industry.
- 66.0417 Local enforcement of certain food and health regulations.
- 66.0418 Prohibition of local regulation of certain foods, beverages.
- 66.0419 Local regulation of auxiliary containers.
- 66.0420 Video service.
- 66.0421 Access to video service.
- 66.0422 Video service, telecommunications, and broadband facilities.
- 66.0423 Transient merchants.
- 66.0425 Privileges in streets.
- 66.0427 Open excavations in populous counties.
- 66.0429 Street barriers; neighborhood watch signs.
- 66.0431 Prohibiting operators from leaving keys in parked motor vehicles.
- 66.0433 Licenses for nonintoxicating beverages.
- 66.0435 Manufactured and mobile home communities.
- 66.0436 Certificates of food protection practices for restaurants.
- 66.0437 Drug disposal programs.
- 66.0438 Limitations on locally issued identification cards.
- 66.0439 Environmental, occupational health, and safety credentials.
OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
- 66.0501 Eligibility for office.
- 66.0502 Employee residency requirements prohibited.
- 66.0503 Combination of municipal offices.
- 66.0504 Address confidentiality program.
- 66.0505 Compensation of governing bodies.
- 66.0506 Referendum; increase in employee wages.
- 66.0507 Automatic salary schedules.
- 66.0508 Collective bargaining.
- 66.0509 Civil service system; veterans preference.
- 66.0510 Benefits to officers, employees, agents.
- 66.0511 Law enforcement agency policies on use of force and citizen complaint procedures.
- 66.0513 Police, pay when acting outside county or municipality.
- 66.0515 Receipts for fees.
- 66.0517 Weed commissioner.
- 66.0518 Defined benefit pension plans.
- 66.0601 Appropriations.
- 66.0602 Local levy limits.
- 66.0603 Investments.
- 66.0605 Local government audits and reports.
- 66.0607 Withdrawal or disbursement from local treasury.
- 66.0608 Separate accounts for municipal fire, emergency medical services practitioner, and emergency medical responder volunteer funds.
- 66.0609 Financial procedure; alternative system of approving claims.
- 66.0611 Political subdivisions prohibited from levying tax on incomes.
- 66.0613 Assessment on racing prohibited.
- 66.0615 Room tax; forfeitures.
- 66.0617 Impact fees.
- 66.0619 Public improvement bonds: issuance.
- 66.0621 Revenue obligations.
- 66.0623 Refunding village, town, sanitary, and inland lake district bonds.
- 66.0625 Joint issuance of mass transit bonding.
- 66.0626 Special assessments or charges for contaminated well or wastewater system loans.
- 66.0627 Special charges for current services and certain loan repayments.
- 66.0628 Fees imposed by a political subdivision.
- 66.0701 Special assessments by local ordinance.
- 66.0703 Special assessments, generally.
- 66.0705 Property of public and private entities subject to special assessments.
- 66.0707 Assessment or special charge against property in adjacent city, village or town.
- 66.0709 Preliminary payment of improvements funded by special assessments.
- 66.0711 Discount on cash payments for public improvements.
- 66.0713 Contractor's certificates; general obligation-local improvement bonds; special assessment B bonds.
- 66.0715 Deferral of special assessments; payment of special assessments in installments.
- 66.0717 Lien of special assessment.
- 66.0719 Disposition of special assessment proceeds where improvement paid for out of general fund or municipal obligations.
- 66.0721 Special assessments on certain farmland or camps for construction of sewerage or water system.
- 66.0723 Utilities, special assessments.
- 66.0725 Assessment of condemnation benefits.
- 66.0727 Special assessments against railroad for street improvement.
- 66.0729 Improvement of streets by abutting railroad company.
- 66.0731 Reassessment of invalid condemnation and public improvement assessments.
- 66.0733 Repayment of assessments in certain cases.
- 66.0801 Definitions; effect on other authority.
- 66.0803 Acquisition of public utility or bus transportation system.
- 66.0805 Management of municipal public utility by commission.
- 66.0807 Joint operation of public utility or public transportation system.
- 66.0809 Municipal public utility charges.
- 66.0811 Municipal public utility revenues.
- 66.0813 Provision of utility service outside of municipality by municipal public utility.
- 66.0815 Public utility franchises and service contracts.
- 66.0817 Sale or lease of municipal public utility plant.
- 66.0819 Combining water and sewer utilities.
- 66.0821 Sewerage and storm water systems.
- 66.0823 Joint local water authorities.
- 66.0825 Municipal electric companies.
- 66.0827 Utility districts.
- 66.0829 Parking systems.
- 66.0831 Interference with public service structure.
PUBLIC WORKS AND PROJECTS
- 66.0901 Public works, contracts, bids.
- 66.0903 Prevailing wage.
- 66.0905 Pedestrian malls.
- 66.0907 Sidewalks.
- 66.0909 Curb ramping.
- 66.0911 Laterals and service pipes.
- 66.0913 City and county projects, individual or joint; revenue bonding.
- 66.0915 Viaducts in cities, villages and towns.
- 66.0917 Art museums.
- 66.0919 Civic centers.
- 66.0921 Joint civic buildings.
- 66.0923 County-city auditoriums.
- 66.0925 County-city safety building.
- 66.0927 County-city hospitals; village and town powers.
PLANNING, HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
- 66.1001 Comprehensive planning.
- 66.10015 Limitation on development regulation authority and down zoning.
- 66.1002 Development moratoria.
- 66.1003 Discontinuance of a public way.
- 66.1005 Reversion of title.
- 66.1006 Department of natural resources approval of discontinuance.
- 66.1007 Architectural conservancy districts.
- 66.1009 Agreement to establish an airport affected area.
- 66.1010 Moratorium on evictions.
- 66.1011 Local equal opportunities.
- 66.1013 Urban homestead programs.
- 66.1014 Limits on residential dwelling rental prohibited.
- 66.1015 Municipal rent control prohibited.
- 66.1017 Family child care homes.
- 66.1019 Housing codes to conform to state law.
- 66.1021 City, village and town transit commissions.
- 66.1023 Transit employees; Wisconsin retirement system.
- 66.1024 Effect of reservation or exception in conveyance.
- 66.1025 Relief from conditions of gifts and dedications.
- 66.1027 Traditional neighborhood developments and conservation subdivisions.
- 66.1031 Widening of highways; establishment of excess widths.
- 66.1033 Curative provisions.
- 66.1035 Rights of abutting owners.
- 66.1036 Building permit for a shoreland structure.
- 66.1037 Beautification and protection.
- 66.1101 Promotion of industry; industrial sites.
- 66.1102 Land development; notification; records requests.
- 66.1103 Industrial development revenue bonding.
- 66.1105 Tax increment law.
- 66.1106 Environmental remediation tax incremental financing.
- 66.1107 Reinvestment neighborhoods.
- 66.1109 Business improvement districts.
- 66.1110 Neighborhood improvement districts.
- 66.1111 Historic properties.
- 66.1113 Premier resort areas.
- 66.1201 Housing authorities.
- 66.1203 Housing authorities; operation not for profit.
- 66.1205 Housing authorities; rentals and tenant selection.
- 66.1207 Penalties; evidence.
- 66.1209 Housing authorities; cooperation in housing projects.
- 66.1211 Housing authorities; contracts with city; assistance to counties and municipalities.
- 66.1213 Housing authorities for elderly persons.
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AND RENEWAL
- 66.1301 Urban redevelopment.
- 66.1303 Urban redevelopment; plans, approval.
- 66.1305 Redevelopment corporations; limitations; incubator.
- 66.1307 Urban redevelopment; regulation of corporations.
- 66.1309 Urban redevelopment; transfer of land.
- 66.1311 Urban redevelopment; acquisition of land.
- 66.1313 Urban redevelopment; condemnation for.
- 66.1315 Urban redevelopment; continued use of land by prior owner.
- 66.1317 Urban redevelopment; borrowing; mortgages.
- 66.1319 Urban redevelopment; sale or lease of land.
- 66.1321 Urban redevelopment; city lease to, terms.
- 66.1323 Urban redevelopment; aids and appropriations.
- 66.1325 Urban redevelopment; city improvements.
- 66.1327 Urban redevelopment; construction of statute; conflict of laws; supplemental powers.
- 66.1329 Urban redevelopment; enforcement of duties.
- 66.1331 Blighted area law.
- 66.1333 Blight elimination and slum clearance.
- 66.1335 Housing and community development authorities.
- 66.1337 Urban renewal.
- 66.1339 Villages to have certain city powers.
- 66.1341 Towns to have certain city powers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.