2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 60. Towns.
LEGAL STATUS; ORGANIZATION
- 60.01 Legal status; general powers.
- 60.03 Division and dissolution of towns generally.
- 60.05 Organization of towns in special cases.
- 60.06 Validity of attachment or detachment.
- 60.065 Change of town name.
- 60.07 Delivery of papers to clerk of new town.
- 60.09 When a county constitutes a town.
- 60.10 Powers of town meeting.
- 60.11 Annual town meeting.
- 60.12 Special town meetings.
- 60.13 Presiding officer.
- 60.14 Procedure.
- 60.15 Clerk.
- 60.16 First town meeting in new towns.
- 60.20 Town board.
- 60.21 Town board, increased size authorized.
- 60.22 General powers and duties.
- 60.23 Miscellaneous powers.
- 60.24 Powers and duties of town board chairperson.
TOWN OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
- 60.30 Election, appointment of town officers; general provisions.
- 60.305 Combined and part-time offices.
- 60.307 Appointment of town assessors.
- 60.31 Official oath and bond.
- 60.32 Compensation of elective town offices.
- 60.321 Reimbursement of expenses.
- 60.323 Compensation when acting in more than one official capacity.
- 60.33 Duties of town clerk.
- 60.331 Deputy town clerk.
- 60.34 Duties of town treasurer.
- 60.341 Deputy town treasurer.
- 60.35 Duties of town constable.
- 60.351 Town constable fees.
- 60.36 Municipal judge.
- 60.37 Town employees.
- 60.40 Preparation and adoption of budget.
- 60.41 Annual financial statement.
- 60.42 Finance book.
- 60.43 Financial audits.
- 60.44 Claims against town.
- 60.45 Disbursements from town treasury.
- 60.46 Public depository.
- 60.47 Public contracts and competitive bidding.
PUBLIC WORKS AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- 60.50 Public works.
- 60.52 Sewer and water systems of adjoining municipality.
- 60.53 Service pipes and laterals.
- 60.54 Solid waste transportation.
- 60.55 Fire protection.
- 60.553 Combined protective services.
- 60.555 Fire safety regulations.
- 60.557 Reimbursement for fire calls on highways.
- 60.56 Law enforcement.
- 60.563 Rewards for crime information.
- 60.565 Ambulance service.
- 60.57 Police and fire commission.
LAND USE AND PLANNING
- 60.61 General zoning authority.
- 60.62 Zoning authority if exercising village powers.
- 60.625 Required notice on certain approvals.
- 60.627 Town construction site erosion control and storm water management zoning.
- 60.63 Community and other living arrangements.
- 60.635 Environmental protection; interstate hazardous liquid pipelines.
- 60.64 Historic preservation.
- 60.65 Board of adjustment.
- 60.66 Town park commission.
TOWN SANITARY DISTRICTS
- 60.70 Definitions.
- 60.71 Creation of town sanitary district by town board order.
- 60.72 Creation of town sanitary district by order of the department of natural resources.
- 60.726 Property with private on-site wastewater treatment system included.
- 60.73 Review of orders creating town sanitary districts.
- 60.74 Commissioners; method of selection.
- 60.75 Commissioners; requirements.
- 60.76 Organization of the commission.
- 60.77 Powers and duties.
- 60.78 Powers to borrow money and issue municipal obligations.
- 60.782 Power to act as a public inland lake protection and rehabilitation district.
- 60.785 Changes in district boundaries.
- 60.79 Alteration of town sanitary districts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.