2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 59. Counties.
LEGAL STATUS; ORGANIZATION
- 59.01 Body corporate; status.
- 59.02 Powers, how exercised; quorum.
- 59.03 Home rule.
- 59.04 Construction of powers.
- 59.05 County seat; change.
- 59.06 County property.
- 59.07 Claims against counties; actions on.
- 59.08 Consolidation of counties; procedure; referendum.
COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
- 59.10 Boards: composition; election; terms; compensation; compatibility.
- 59.11 Meetings; adjournment; absentees.
- 59.12 Chairperson; vice chairperson; powers and duties.
- 59.13 Committees; appointment; compensation.
- 59.14 Publication of ordinances and proceedings.
- 59.15 Neglect of duty.
- 59.17 County executive.
- 59.18 County administrator.
- 59.19 Administrative coordinator.
- 59.20 County offices and officers.
- 59.21 Official oaths and bonds.
- 59.22 Compensation, fees, salaries and traveling expenses of officials and employees.
- 59.23 Clerk.
- 59.24 Clerks of counties containing state institutions to make claims in certain cases.
- 59.25 Treasurer.
- 59.255 Comptroller.
- 59.26 Sheriff; undersheriff; deputies.
- 59.27 Sheriff; duties.
- 59.28 Peace maintenance; powers and duties of peace officers, cooperation.
- 59.29 Transportation, apprehension of criminals.
- 59.30 Not to act as attorney.
- 59.31 Service on sheriff; how made.
- 59.32 Fees received by sheriff.
- 59.33 Powers after term.
- 59.34 Coroner, medical examiner duties; coroner, medical examiner compatibility.
- 59.35 Deputy coroner.
- 59.36 Coroner and medical examiner; fees.
- 59.365 Moratorium on fee increases.
- 59.37 Service when no coroner.
- 59.38 Medical examiner and assistants.
- 59.39 Coroner or medical examiner as funeral director, limitation.
- 59.40 Clerk of court.
- 59.41 Not to act as attorney.
- 59.42 Corporation counsel.
- 59.43 Register of deeds; duties, fees, deputies.
- 59.44 County abstractor; appointment; duties; fees.
- 59.45 County surveyor; duties, deputies, fees.
- 59.46 Penalty for nonfeasance.
- 59.47 County auditors; powers; duties.
- 59.48 County assessor.
POWERS AND DUTIES OF COUNTIES
- 59.51 Board powers.
- 59.52 County administration.
- 59.53 Health and human services.
- 59.535 Veterans affairs.
- 59.54 Public protection and safety.
- 59.55 Consumer protection.
- 59.56 Cultural affairs; education; recreation.
- 59.57 Economic and industrial development.
- 59.58 Transportation.
FINANCE AND BUDGET
- 59.60 Budgetary procedure in certain counties.
- 59.605 Tax levy rate limit.
- 59.61 Financial transactions.
- 59.62 Investment authority delegation.
- 59.63 Treasurer's disbursement of revenue.
- 59.64 Claims against county.
- 59.65 Publication of financial report.
- 59.66 Unclaimed funds.
LAND USE, INFORMATION AND REGULATION, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, SURVEYS, PLANNING AND ZONING
- 59.69 Planning and zoning authority.
- 59.691 Required notice on certain approvals.
- 59.692 Zoning of shorelands on navigable waters.
- 59.693 Construction site erosion control and storm water management zoning.
- 59.694 County zoning, adjustment board.
- 59.696 Zoning; filing fees.
- 59.697 Fees for zoning appeals.
- 59.698 Zoning, building inspector.
- 59.70 Environmental protection and land use.
- 59.71 Special counties; record keeping.
- 59.72 Land information.
- 59.73 Surveys; expressing bearings, subdividing sections.
- 59.74 Perpetuation of section corners, landmarks.
- 59.75 Certificates and records as evidence.
- 59.76 Registration of farms.
- 59.79 Milwaukee County.
- 59.792 Milwaukee County; sewage, waste, refuse.
- 59.794 Milwaukee County; limitations on board authority and on intergovernmental cooperation, shared services.
- 59.796 Milwaukee County; opportunity schools and partnership program.
- 59.80 Milwaukee County; city-county crime commission.
- 59.81 Cash flow, Milwaukee.
- 59.82 Milwaukee County Research and Technology Park.
- 59.84 Expressways and mass transit facilities in populous counties.
- 59.85 Appropriation bonds for payment of employee retirement system liability in populous counties.
- 59.86 Agreements and ancillary arrangements for certain notes and appropriation bonds.
- 59.87 Employee retirement system liability financing in populous counties; additional powers.
- 59.875 Payment of contributions in and employment of annuitants under an employee retirement system of populous counties.
- 59.88 Employee retirement system of populous counties; duty disability benefits for a mental injury.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.