2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 404. Uniform commercial code — bank deposits and collections.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS
- 404.102 Applicability.
- 404.103 Variation by agreement; measure of damages; action constituting ordinary care.
- 404.104 Definitions and index of definitions.
- 404.105 “ Bank"; “collecting bank"; “depository bank"; “intermediary bank"; “payer bank"; “presenting bank".
- 404.106 Payable through or payable at bank; collecting bank.
- 404.107 Separate office of a bank.
- 404.108 Time of receipt of items.
- 404.109 Delays.
- 404.110 Electronic presentment.
- 404.111 Statute of limitations.
COLLECTION OF ITEMS: DEPOSITARY AND COLLECTING BANKS
- 404.201 Status of collecting bank as agent and provisional status of credits; applicability of chapter; item endorsed “pay any bank".
- 404.202 Responsibility for collection or return; when action timely.
- 404.203 Effect of instructions.
- 404.204 Methods of sending and presenting; sending directly to payer bank.
- 404.205 Depositary bank holder of unendorsed item.
- 404.206 Transfer between banks.
- 404.207 Transfer warranties.
- 404.208 Presentment warranties.
- 404.209 Encoding and retention warranties.
- 404.210 Security interest of collecting bank in items, accompanying documents and proceeds.
- 404.211 When bank gives value for purposes of holder in due course.
- 404.212 Presentment by notice of item not payable by, through or at a bank; liability of drawer or endorser.
- 404.213 Medium and time of settlement by bank.
- 404.214 Right of charge-back or refund; liability of collecting bank; return of item.
- 404.215 Final payment of item by payer bank; when provisional debits and credits become final; when certain credits become available for withdrawal.
- 404.216 Insolvency and preference.
COLLECTION OF ITEMS: PAYER BANKS
- 404.301 Deferred posting; recovery of payment by return of items; time of dishonor; return of items by payer bank.
- 404.302 Payer bank's responsibility for late return of item.
- 404.303 When items subject to notice, stop-payment order, legal process or setoff; order in which items may be charged or certified.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PAYER BANK AND ITS CUSTOMER
- 404.401 When bank may charge customer's account.
- 404.402 Bank's liability to customer for wrongful dishonor; time of determining insufficiency of account.
- 404.403 Customer's right to stop payment; burden of proof of loss.
- 404.404 Bank not obligated to pay check more than 6 months old.
- 404.405 Death or incompetence of customer.
- 404.406 Customer's duty to discover and report unauthorized signature or alteration.
- 404.407 Payer bank's right to subrogation on improper payment.
COLLECTION OF DOCUMENTARY DRAFTS
- 404.501 Handling of documentary drafts; duty to send for presentment and to notify customer of dishonor.
- 404.502 Presentment of “on arrival" drafts.
- 404.503 Responsibility of presenting bank for documents and goods; report of reasons for dishonor; referee in case of need.
- 404.504 Privilege of presenting bank to deal with goods; security interest for expenses.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.