2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 221. State banks.
- 221.0201 Applicants.
- 221.0202 Application.
- 221.0203 Certificate of authority.
- 221.0204 Temporary organization.
- 221.0205 Capital stock.
- 221.02055 Reserves.
- 221.0206 Articles of incorporation.
- 221.0207 Filed documents.
- 221.0208 Charter.
- 221.0209 Prohibition on transacting business.
- 221.0210 Publication of charter.
- 221.0211 Amendment of articles of incorporation.
- 221.0212 Restated articles of incorporation.
- 221.0213 Bylaws.
- 221.0214 Amendment of bylaws by board of directors or shareholders.
- 221.0215 Authorized stock.
- 221.0216 Preferred stock.
- 221.0217 Reorganization of a state bank as a national bank.
- 221.0218 Reorganization of a national bank as a state bank.
- 221.0219 Conversion of a credit union to a state bank.
PURPOSES AND POWERS
- 221.0301 General powers.
- 221.0302 Branch banks and other facilities.
- 221.0303 Customer bank communications terminals.
- 221.0304 Safe deposits.
- 221.0305 Memberships and investments in federal reserve bank.
- 221.0306 Memberships and investments in federal home loan bank.
- 221.0307 Memberships and investments in other state and federal agencies.
- 221.0308 Benefits under federal law; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- 221.0309 Investments in international banking and financial institutions.
- 221.0310 Federal National Mortgage Association.
- 221.0311 Investments in agricultural credit corporations.
- 221.0312 Investments in development companies.
- 221.0313 Information to division; stock holdings.
- 221.0314 Sale of U.S. bonds.
- 221.0315 Insurance activities.
- 221.0316 Trust powers.
- 221.0317 Securitization of assets.
- 221.0318 Notes and debentures.
- 221.0319 Real estate.
- 221.0320 Limit of loans and investments.
- 221.0321 Other loans and investments.
- 221.0322 Additional banking authority.
- 221.0323 Bank purchase of its own stock.
- 221.0324 Assets not to be pledged as security.
- 221.0325 Certified checks.
- 221.0326 Bad debts.
- 221.0327 Surplus fund.
- 221.0328 Dividends.
- 221.0329 Savings promotion prize programs.
- 221.0401 State bank.
- 221.0402 Use of “bank".
- 221.0403 Bank names.
- 221.0404 Deceptive or misleading use of bank name, logo, or symbol.
SHARES AND SHAREHOLDERS
- 221.0501 Quorum and voting requirements for voting groups.
- 221.0502 Greater or lower quorum or greater voting requirements.
- 221.0503 Bylaw fixing quorum or voting requirements for shareholders.
- 221.0504 Number of shareholders.
- 221.0505 Issued and outstanding shares.
- 221.0506 Fractional shares.
- 221.0507 Share dividends.
- 221.0508 Form and content of certificates.
- 221.0509 Restriction on transfer of shares and other securities.
- 221.0510 Preemptive rights.
- 221.0511 Annual meeting.
- 221.0512 Special meeting.
- 221.0513 Shareholder action without a meeting.
- 221.0514 Notice of meeting.
- 221.0515 Disclosure to shareholders.
- 221.0516 Waiver of notice.
- 221.0517 Record date.
- 221.0518 Shareholders' list for meeting.
- 221.0519 Proxies.
- 221.0520 Shares held by nominees.
- 221.0521 Acceptance of instruments showing shareholder action.
- 221.0522 Voting for directors; cumulative voting.
- 221.0523 Voting trusts.
- 221.0524 Voting agreements.
- 221.0525 Shares of stock, when not transferable.
- 221.0526 Stock control of bank or trust company bank by other corporation.
DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
- 221.0601 Requirement for and duties of board of directors.
- 221.0602 Qualifications of directors.
- 221.0603 Number and election of directors.
- 221.0604 Election of directors by certain classes of shareholders.
- 221.0605 Terms of directors generally.
- 221.0606 Staggered terms of directors.
- 221.0607 Resignation of directors.
- 221.0608 Removal of directors by shareholders.
- 221.0609 Vacancy on board.
- 221.0610 Meetings.
- 221.06105 Board action without a meeting.
- 221.0611 Response to examination.
- 221.0612 Notice of meeting.
- 221.0613 Waiver of notice.
- 221.0614 Quorum and voting.
- 221.0615 Committees.
- 221.0616 Reliance by directors or officers.
- 221.0617 Consideration of interests in addition to shareholders' interests.
- 221.0618 Limited liability of directors.
- 221.0619 Director conflict of interest.
- 221.0620 Officers.
- 221.0621 Duties of officers.
- 221.0622 Resignation and removal of officers.
- 221.0623 Contract rights of officers.
- 221.0624 Signature of officers.
- 221.0625 Loans to bank officials; penalty.
- 221.0626 Definitions applicable to indemnification and insurance provisions.
- 221.0627 Mandatory indemnification.
- 221.0628 Bank may limit indemnification.
- 221.0629 Allowance of expenses as incurred.
- 221.0630 Court-ordered indemnification.
- 221.0631 Determination of right to indemnification.
- 221.0632 Indemnification and allowance of expenses of employees and agents.
- 221.0633 Insurance.
- 221.0634 Additional rights to indemnification and allowance of expenses.
- 221.0635 Indemnification and insurance against securities law claims.
- 221.0636 Theft.
- 221.0637 Bank officers and employees not to take commissions.
SHARE EXCHANGE, MERGER AND CONSOLIDATION
- 221.0701 Share exchange.
- 221.0702 Consolidation or merger of banks.
- 221.0703 Cancellation of charter of merged bank.
- 221.0704 Interim banks.
- 221.0705 Definitions.
- 221.0706 Right to dissent.
- 221.0707 Dissent by shareholders and beneficial shareholders.
- 221.0708 Notice of dissenters' rights.
- 221.0709 Notice of intent to demand payment.
- 221.0710 Dissenters' notice.
- 221.0711 Duty to demand payment.
- 221.0712 Restriction on uncertificated shares.
- 221.0713 Payment.
- 221.0714 Failure to take action.
- 221.0715 After-acquired shares.
- 221.0716 Procedure if dissenter is dissatisfied with payment or offer.
- 221.0717 Court action.
- 221.0718 Court costs and counsel fees.
DISSOLUTION AND LIQUIDATION
- 221.0801 Liquidation.
- 221.0802 Banks may be placed in hands of division.
- 221.0803 Charter, how forfeited.
INTERSTATE BANKING AND FOREIGN BANKS
- 221.0901 Acquisitions of banks and bank holding companies.
- 221.0903 In-state branches maintained by out-of-state banks.
- 221.0904 Out-of-state banks establishing branches.
RECORDS, REPORTS AND LEGAL PROCESS
- 221.1001 Stock book.
- 221.1002 Reports.
- 221.1003 Forfeiture.
- 221.1004 False statements.
- 221.1005 Refusal to permit inspection.
- 221.1006 Fees for certified copies.
- 221.1007 Legal process; how served.
- 221.1008 Record search.
BANK SERVICE CORPORATIONS
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.