2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 117. School district reorganization.
117.03 Definitions. In this chapter:
(1) “Affected school district" means the entire territory of any of the following school districts:
(a) A school district from which any territory is detached or proposed to be detached.
(b) A school district to which any territory is attached or proposed to be attached.
(c) A school district that is consolidated with one or more other school districts or proposed to be consolidated with one or more other school districts.
(d) A school district that is dissolved or proposed to be dissolved.
(2) “Appeal panel" means a panel appointed by the state superintendent under s. 117.05 (1).
(3) “Board" means the school district boundary appeal board.
(3g) “Boundary dispute" means a dispute between 2 or more school districts concerning whether certain territory is located within a particular school district.
(3m) “Enrollment" means the number of pupils enrolled, as provided under s. 121.05 (1) (a), on the most recent of the preceding 3rd Friday of September or 2nd Friday of January.
(4) “Equalized valuation" has the meaning given under s. 121.004 (2).
(4m) “Interested school district" means a school district involved in a boundary dispute.
(5) “Reorganization" means the consolidation of 2 or more school districts, the dissolution of a school district, the detachment of territory from one school district and its attachment to an adjoining school district or the creation of a school district.