2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 121. School finance.
121.77 Admission of nonresident pupils.


121.77 Admission of nonresident pupils.




(a) Every elementary school and high school shall be free to all pupils who reside in the school district.


(b) If facilities are adequate, a school board, board of control of a cooperative educational service agency or county children with disabilities education board may admit nonresident pupils who meet its entrance requirements. Nonresident pupils shall have all of the rights and privileges of resident pupils and shall be subject to the same rules and regulations as resident pupils. The agency of service shall charge tuition for each nonresident pupil.


(2) Annually on or before September 1, the clerk or secretary of the agency of service shall file:


(a) A tuition claim for each nonresident pupil or adult for whom services were provided under this subchapter during the preceding school year. The claim shall be filed with the school district clerk under s. 121.78, the state superintendent under s. 121.79, the county clerk under s. 121.80, the pupil's parent or guardian under s. 121.81 or the adult under s. 121.82. Credit shall be given for prepayments.


(b) A certified copy of each tuition claim under par. (a) with the state superintendent.


(3) Subsections (1) (b) and (2) do not apply to a pupil attending a public school in a nonresident school district under s. 118.51 or 121.84 (4).

121.77 - ANNOT.

History: 1977 c. 29, 78, 203; 1985 a. 29; 1993 a. 16; 1995 a. 27 s. 9145 (1); 1997 a. 27, 164; 1999 a. 117.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.