2005 Washington Revised Code RCW 64.08.040: Foreign acknowledgments, who may take.

    Acknowledgments of deeds conveying or encumbering real estate situated in this state, or any interest therein and other instruments in writing, required to be acknowledged, may be taken in any foreign country before any minister, plenipotentiary, secretary of legation, charge d'affaires, consul general, consul, vice consul, consular agent, or commercial agent appointed by the United States government, or before any notary public, or before the judge, clerk, or other proper officer of any court of said country, or before the mayor or other chief magistrate of any city, town or other municipal corporation therein.

    [1929 c 33 § 5; RRS § 10563, part. Prior: 1901 c 53 § 1; 1888 p 1 § 1; Code 1881 § 2319; 1875 p 108 § 2.]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.