2005 Washington Revised Code RCW 59.28.120: Department of community, trade, and economic development — Develop and provide information and technical assistance.

    The department of community, trade, and economic development shall within ninety days after March 31, 2000, consult with all interested stakeholders and develop and provide to owners and tenants of federally assisted housing, state and local agencies, and other interested persons all of the following:

         (1) Written information concerning the legal rights, responsibilities, and options of owners and tenants when an owner intends to prepay a mortgage or loan or terminate a rental assistance contract. This information shall include the name and telephone number of any qualified legal aid program that provides civil legal services to indigent persons and of any other state, regional, or local organization that can be contacted to request additional information about an owner's responsibilities and the rights and options of an affected tenant;

         (2) Written information sufficient to enable an owner of federally assisted housing to comply with the notification requirements of this chapter, including the name and address of any public housing agency that would be responsible for administering tenant-based rental assistance to persons who would otherwise be displaced from federally assisted housing; and

         (3) Any other information or technical assistance the department determines will further the purposes of this chapter.

    [2000 c 255 § 7.]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.