2006 Code of Virginia § 63.2-2102 - Powers and duties of the Board
63.2-2102. Powers and duties of the Board.
The Board of Trustees shall have the authority to:
1. Encourage, approve and accept gifts, contributions, bequests, or grants incash or otherwise from any source, public or private, to carry out thepurposes of the Family and Children's Trust Fund;
2. Administer and disburse any funds available to the Family and Children'sTrust Fund;
3. Engage in fund-raising activities to expand and perpetuate the Family andChildren's Trust Fund;
4. Monitor the use of funds to ensure the accountability of the recipients offunds;
5. Coordinate activities with other state efforts to prevent and treatviolence within families;
6. Encourage public awareness activities concerning violence within families;
7. Adopt bylaws and other internal rules for the efficient management of theFamily and Children's Trust Fund; and
8. Administer all matters necessary and convenient to carry out the powersand duties expressly given herein.
(1986, c. 416, 63.1-329; 2002, c. 747.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.