2006 Code of Virginia § 54.1-3204 - Prohibited acts
54.1-3204. Prohibited acts.
It shall be unlawful for any person:
1. To practice optometry in this Commonwealth without holding a licenseissued by the Board. Practicing or offering to practice optometry, or thepublic representation of being qualified to practice the same by any personnot authorized to practice optometry, shall be sufficient evidence of aviolation of the law.
2. To impersonate a licensed optometrist of like or different name.
3. To buy or sell or fraudulently obtain a diploma or license.
4. To do any act for which if he were an optometrist his license could berevoked as provided by this chapter.
5. To possess any trial lenses, trial frames, graduated test cards,appliances or instruments used in the practice of optometry, self-testingdevices or eyeglass vending machines for the purpose of fitting orprescribing glasses in the practice of optometry, unless he is or unless heregularly employs on the premises a licensed optometrist or a licensedphysician.
6. To publish or cause to be published in any manner an advertisement that isfalse, deceptive or misleading, contains a claim of professional superiorityor violates regulations of the Board governing advertising by optometrists.
7. To sell, provide, furnish, supply or duplicate eyeglasses, or lenses forthe correction of vision without the prescription of a licensed physician orlicensed optometrist, unless he is the holder of a license to practiceoptometry or a license to practice medicine under the laws of thisCommonwealth.
(Code 1950, 54-396; 1976, c. 758; 1977, c. 161; 1979, c. 39; 1988, c. 765.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.