2006 Code of Virginia § 46.2-1200 - Definitions
As used in this article:
"Abandoned motor vehicle" means a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer orpart of a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer that:
1. Is inoperable and is left unattended on public property, other than aninterstate highway or primary highway, for more than forty-eight hours, or
2. Has remained illegally on public property for more than forty-eight hours,or
3. Has remained for more than forty-eight hours on private property withoutthe consent of the property's owner, regardless of whether it was broughtonto the private property with the consent of the owner or person in controlof the private property, or
4. Is inoperable, left unattended, or both, on an interstate highway, or
5. Is inoperable, left unattended, or both, on the shoulder of a primaryhighway.
"Inoperable abandoned motor vehicle" means an abandoned motor vehicle whichis inoperable and whose fair market value, as determined by the locality'sofficial responsible for assessing motor vehicles under 58.1-3503, is lessthan the cost of its restoration to an operable condition.
(1968, c. 421, 46.1-555.1; 1978, c. 348; 1989, c. 727; 1997, c. 431.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.