2020 Utah Code
Title 75 - Utah Uniform Probate Code
Chapter 2 - Intestate Succession and Wills
Part 7 - Rules of Construction for Governing Instruments
- Section 701 - Scope.
- Section 702 - Requirement of survival by 120 hours -- Under probate code or governing instrument -- Co-owners -- Exceptions -- Protection of payors, third parties, and bona fide purchasers -- Personal liability of recipient.
- Section 703 - Choice of law as to meaning and effect of governing instrument.
- Section 705 - Class gifts construed to accord with intestate succession.
- Section 706 - Definitions -- Life insurance -- Retirement plan -- Account with POD designation -- Transfer-on-death registration -- Deceased beneficiary -- Substitute gift -- Protection of payors and bona fide purchasers -- Personal liability of recipient.
- Section 707 - Definitions -- Survivorship with respect to future interests under terms of trust -- Substitute takers.
- Section 708 - Class gifts to "descendants," "issue," or "heirs of the body" -- Form of distribution if none specified.
- Section 709 - Definitions -- Representation -- Per capita at each generation -- Per stirpes.
- Section 710 - Worthier-title doctrine abolished.
- Section 711 - Interests in "heirs" and like.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.