2018 Utah Code
Title 41 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 6a - Traffic Code
Part 16 - Vehicle Equipment
- Section 1601 - Operation of unsafe or improperly equipped vehicles on public highways -- Exceptions.
- Section 1602 - Permit to operate vehicle in violation of equipment regulations.
- Section 1603 - Lights and illuminating devices -- Duty to display -- Time.
- Section 1604 - Motor vehicle head lamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, and other lamps -- Requirements -- Penalty.
- Section 1605 - Vehicles operated in combination.
- Section 1606 - Load extending beyond rear of vehicle -- Duty to display lamps and reflectors or flags.
- Section 1607 - Parking lamps required -- Use when vehicle parked at night -- Head lamps dimmed.
- Section 1608 - Farm tractors and equipment -- Lamps and reflectors -- Slow-moving vehicle emblem.
- Section 1609 - Lamps and reflectors on vehicles not otherwise specified -- Slow-moving vehicle identification emblems on animal-drawn vehicles.
- Section 1610 - Spot lamps.
- Section 1611 - Hazard warning lamps.
- Section 1612 - Back-up lamps -- Side marker lamps.
- Section 1613 - Lamp required for operation of vehicle on highway or adjacent shoulder -- Dimming of lights.
- Section 1614 - Head lamps on farm tractors -- Motor vehicles sold prior to certain date.
- Section 1616 - High intensity beams -- Red or blue lights -- Flashing lights -- Color of rear lights and reflectors.
- Section 1617 - Highway construction and maintenance vehicles -- Transportation department to adopt rules for lighting.
- Section 1618 - Sale or use of unapproved lighting equipment or devices prohibited.
- Section 1619 - Sale of unapproved equipment prohibited -- Trademark or brand name.
- Section 1620 - Departmental approval of lighting devices or safety equipment.
- Section 1621 - Departmental hearings -- Compliance of approved devices -- Revocation of approval -- Reapproval.
- Section 1622 - Purchase and testing of equipment by department -- Prohibition against sale of substandard devices -- Injunction -- Review -- Appeal.
- Section 1623 - Braking systems required -- Adoption of performance requirements by department.
- Section 1624 - Failure to repair a damaged or deployed airbag -- Penalty.
- Section 1625 - Horns and warning devices -- Emergency vehicles.
- Section 1626 - Mufflers -- Prevention of noise, smoke, and fumes -- Air pollution control devices.
- Section 1627 - Mirrors.
- Section 1628 - Seat belts -- Design and installation -- Specifications or requirements.
- Section 1629 - Vehicles subject to Sections 41-6a-1629 through 41-6a-1633 -- Definitions.
- Section 1630 - Standards applicable to vehicles.
- Section 1631 - Prohibitions.
- Section 1632 - Bumpers.
- Section 1633 - Mudguards or flaps at rear wheels of trucks, trailers, truck tractors, or altered motor vehicles -- Exemptions.
- Section 1634 - Safety chains on towed vehicles required -- Exceptions.
- Section 1635 - Windshields and windows -- Tinting -- Obstructions reducing visibility -- Wipers -- Prohibitions.
- Section 1636 - Tires which are prohibited -- Regulatory powers of state transportation department -- Winter use of studs -- Special permits -- Tread depth.
- Section 1637 - Flares, fusees, or electric lanterns and flags -- Alternative reflector units -- Duty to carry in trucks and buses -- Requirements.
- Section 1638 - Warning signal around disabled vehicle -- Time and place.
- Section 1639 - Hazardous materials -- Transportation regulations -- Fire extinguishers.
- Section 1640 - Air conditioning equipment -- Requirements.
- Section 1641 - Video display in motor vehicles prohibited if visible to driver -- Exceptions.
- Section 1642 - Emissions inspection -- County program.
- Section 1643 - Development of standardized emissions inspection and maintenance program.
- Section 1644 - Diesel emissions program -- Implementation -- Monitoring -- Exemptions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.