2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 25 - Estraying and Trespassing Animals
- Section 1 - Definitions.
- Section 2 - County responsibility for estrays -- Contracts with other local governments authorized.
- Section 3 - Department authorized to make and enforce rules.
- Section 4 - Possession of estrays -- Determination and location of owner -- Sale -- Disposition of proceeds -- Notice -- Title of purchaser -- Immunity from liability.
- Section 5 - Report of estrays -- Possession -- Relief from liability.
- Section 6 - Compensation for care of estrays -- Liability of county -- Notice required.
- Section 7 - County legislative body authorized to adopt fence ordinance -- Lawful fence to be specified by ordinance -- Dividing the county into divisions for different fencing regulations.
- Section 8 - Owner liable for trespass of animals -- Exception -- Intervention by county representative.
- Section 9 - Animals running at large -- Prohibition -- Limited exception.
- Section 10 - Bulls -- Number required on range during breeding season.
- Section 11 - Determination and enforcement of bull running policy by range association.
- Section 12 - Allowing swine to run at large -- Class B misdemeanor.
- Section 12.1 - Release of swine or feral swine for any purpose.
- Section 12.3 - Feral swine detrimental to state's interests -- Seizure, capture, or destruction of feral swine.
- Section 14 - Impounded livestock -- Determination and location of owner -- Sale -- Disposition of proceeds -- Notice -- Title of purchaser -- Immunity from liability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.