2006 Utah Code - 31A-1-102 — Purposes.31A-1-102. Purposes.
The purposes of the Insurance Code are to:
(1) ensure the solidity of insurers doing business in Utah;
(2) ensure that policyholders, claimants, and insurers are treated fairly and equitably;
(3) ensure that Utah has an adequate and healthy insurance market, characterized by competitive conditions, the spirit of innovation, and the exercise of initiative;
(4) provide for an insurance department that is expert in the field of insurance and able to enforce the Insurance Code effectively;
(5) encourage cooperation between the Insurance Department and other Utah regulatory bodies, as well as other federal and state governmental entities;
(6) preserve and improve state regulation of insurance;
(7) maintain freedom of contract and enterprise;
(8) encourage self regulation of the insurance industry;
(9) encourage loss prevention as part of the insurance industry;
(10) keep the public informed on insurance matters; and
(11) achieve other purposes stated elsewhere in the Insurance Code.
Enacted by Chapter 242, 1985 General Session
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.