2021 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 35 - Tennessee Criminal Sentencing Reform Act of 1989
Part 5 - Release and Parole
§ 40-35-502. Conversion of Fractions in Calculations
- For purposes of calculating the release eligibility date, a fraction of a month is construed to mean:
- For one tenth (0.1) of a month, three (3) days;
- For two tenths (0.2) of a month, six (6) days;
- For three tenths (0.3) of a month, nine (9) days;
- For four tenths (0.4) of a month, twelve (12) days;
- For five tenths (0.5) of a month, fifteen (15) days;
- For six tenths (0.6) of a month, eighteen (18) days;
- For seven tenths (0.7) of a month, twenty-one (21) days;
- For eight tenths (0.8) of a month, twenty-four (24) days; and
- For nine tenths (0.9) of a month, twenty-seven (27) days.
- For purposes of calculating the release eligibility date for a sentence of less than one (1) year, a fraction of a day is construed to mean that the next day is the release eligibility date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.