2019 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 35 - Tennessee Criminal Sentencing Reform Act of 1989
Part 5 - Release and Parole
§ 40-35-502. Conversion of fractions in calculations.
(a) For purposes of calculating the release eligibility date, a fraction of a month is construed to mean:
(1) For one tenth (0.1) of a month, three (3) days;
(2) For two tenths (0.2) of a month, six (6) days;
(3) For three tenths (0.3) of a month, nine (9) days;
(4) For four tenths (0.4) of a month, twelve (12) days;
(5) For five tenths (0.5) of a month, fifteen (15) days;
(6) For six tenths (0.6) of a month, eighteen (18) days;
(7) For seven tenths (0.7) of a month, twenty-one (21) days;
(8) For eight tenths (0.8) of a month, twenty-four (24) days; and
(9) For nine tenths (0.9) of a month, twenty-seven (27) days.
(b) For purposes of calculating the release eligibility date for a sentence of less than one (1) year, a fraction of a day is construed to mean that the next day is the release eligibility date.