2020 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 24 - Registration of Instruments
Part 2 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
§ 66-24-204. Authority of County Register
- A county register:
- Who implements any of the functions listed in this section shall do so in compliance with standards established by the information systems council established under § 4-3-5501;
- May receive, index, store, archive, and transmit electronic documents;
- May provide for access to, and for search and retrieval of, documents and information by electronic means;
- Who accepts electronic documents for recording shall continue to accept paper documents as authorized by state law and shall place entries for both types of documents in the same index;
- May convert paper documents accepted for recording into electronic form;
- May convert into electronic form information recorded before the county register began to record electronic documents;
- May accept electronically any fee or tax that the county register is authorized to collect;
- May agree with other officials of a state or a political subdivision of a state, or of the United States, on procedures or processes to facilitate the electronic satisfaction of prior approvals and conditions precedent to recording and the electronic payment of fees and taxes; and
- May refuse to record any document transmitted electronically to the county register for recording under this part on and after July 1, 2007, that does not comply with § 66-24-101.
- Any electronic documents or digitized images accepted by the county register prior to July 1, 2007, are deemed to be recorded properly and to impart constructive notice.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.