2018 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 24 - Registration of Instruments
Part 2 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
§ 66-24-204. Authority of county register.
(a) A county register:
(1) Who implements any of the functions listed in this section shall do so in compliance with standards established by the information systems council established under § 4-3-5501;
(2) May receive, index, store, archive, and transmit electronic documents;
(3) May provide for access to, and for search and retrieval of, documents and information by electronic means;
(4) Who accepts electronic documents for recording shall continue to accept paper documents as authorized by state law and shall place entries for both types of documents in the same index;
(5) May convert paper documents accepted for recording into electronic form;
(6) May convert into electronic form information recorded before the county register began to record electronic documents;
(7) May accept electronically any fee or tax that the county register is authorized to collect;
(8) May agree with other officials of a state or a political subdivision of a state, or of the United States, on procedures or processes to facilitate the electronic satisfaction of prior approvals and conditions precedent to recording and the electronic payment of fees and taxes; and
(9) May refuse to record any document transmitted electronically to the county register for recording under this part on and after July 1, 2007, that does not comply with § 66-24-101.
(b) Any electronic documents or digitized images accepted by the county register prior to July 1, 2007, are deemed to be recorded properly and to impart constructive notice.