2019 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions of the Healing Arts
Chapter 25 - Dietetics/nutrition Practice Act
§ 63-25-107. Powers and duties of board.
- In addition to the powers granted elsewhere in this chapter, the board has the duty to:
(1) Promulgate, in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in title 4, chapter 5, all rules that are reasonably necessary for the performance of the various duties imposed upon the board in the proper administration of this chapter;
(2) Set fees, after consultation with the department and subject to the maximum limitations prescribed in this chapter, relative to the application, examination, licensing and renewal thereof in amounts sufficient to pay all of the expenses of the board directly attributable to the performance of its duties pursuant to this chapter;
(3) Review and approve or reject the qualifications of applicants for licensure and to issue, in the board's name, all approved licenses, certificates and permits;
(4) Collect or receive all fees, fines and moneys owed pursuant to this chapter and to pay the same into the general fund of the state. For purposes of implementing subdivision (2), the board shall designate any such fees, fines or moneys collected pursuant to the regulation of dietitians/nutritionists; and
(5) Deny, suspend or revoke the license of or to otherwise discipline by an administrative penalty not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500), or by reprimand, a license holder who is guilty of violating any provisions of this chapter or who is guilty of violating the rules and regulations of the board duly promulgated pursuant to this chapter.