2019 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions of the Healing Arts
Chapter 25 - Dietetics/nutrition Practice Act
§ 63-25-108. Applications for licensure.
- An applicant for licensure as a dietitian/nutritionist shall file a written application on forms provided by the department or via online application showing to the satisfaction of the board that such person:
(1) Is of good moral character;
(2) Has received a baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university that provides a major course of study in human nutrition, food and nutrition, dietetics, or food systems management, or an equivalent major course of study as approved by the board;
(3) Has successfully completed a planned continuous preprofessional experience in nutrition practice of not less than nine hundred (900) hours under the supervision of a registered dietitian, or successfully completed a program of supervised clinical experience approved by the commission on dietetic registration of the American Dietetic Association; and
(4) Has passed the national examination prepared and administered by the commission on dietetic registration of the American Dietetic Association.