2019 Tennessee Code
Title 49 - Education
Chapter 6 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Part 8 - Schools Against Violence in Education (Save) Act
§ 49-6-802. State-level safety team -- Template for safety and emergency response plans.
(a) The commissioner of education shall establish a state-level safety team, which shall assist LEAs and schools with compliance with this part as reasonably necessary. As part of the assistance, the state-level safety team shall publish a template for use by districts in preparing their district-level safety plans and building-level emergency response plans, which template shall outline the responsibilities of the LEAs and individual schools in complying with this part. The state-level safety team shall regularly review and update the template.
(b) The commissioner shall appoint the members of the state-level safety team, including:
(1) A representative of the department of safety;
(2) A representative of the Tennessee bureau of investigation;
(3) A representative of homeland security;
(4) A representative of the department of mental health and substance abuse services;
(5) A representative of the emergency medical services of the department of health;
(6) A representative of the state board of education;
(7) A representative of the Tennessee association of school resource officers; and
(8) A representative of the department of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
(c) The commissioner may also appoint a representative from each of the following:
(1) Directors of schools;
(2) Members of local boards of education;
(3) The Tennessee alternative education association;
(4) Public school teachers;
(5) The Tennessee association of mental health organizations;
(6) School counselors and psychologists;
(7) Parents of students enrolled in public schools;
(8) Tennessee students between sixteen (16) and twenty-four (24) years of age; and
(9) The Tennessee school health coalition.