2018 Tennessee Code
Title 49 - Education
Chapter 10 - Special Education
Part 13 - Special Education Behavioral Supports Act
§ 49-10-1302. Purpose of part.
- The purposes of this part are:
(1) To ensure that every student receiving special education services is free from the unreasonable, unsafe and unwarranted uses of isolation and restraint practices;
(2) To encourage the use of positive behavioral interventions and support methods in schools;
(3) To develop properly trained staff in order to promote positive behavioral supports that reduce dependence on isolation and restraint practices; and
(4) To ensure that teachers of students receiving special education services are properly trained to protect the student, teacher and others from physical harm, if isolation or restraint is necessary.