2017 Tennessee Code
Title 49 - Education
Chapter 10 - Special Education
Part 13 - Special Education Behavioral Supports Act
§ 49-10-1302. Purpose of part.
- The purposes of this part are:
- (1) To ensure that every student receiving special education services is free from the unreasonable, unsafe and unwarranted uses of isolation and restraint practices;
- (2) To encourage the use of positive behavioral interventions and support methods in schools;
- (3) To develop properly trained staff in order to promote positive behavioral supports that reduce dependence on isolation and restraint practices; and
- (4) To ensure that teachers of students receiving special education services are properly trained to protect the student, teacher and others from physical harm, if isolation or restraint is necessary.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.