2018 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 3 - Kidnapping and False Imprisonment
§ 39-13-305. Especially aggravated kidnapping.
(a) Especially aggravated kidnapping is false imprisonment, as defined in § 39-13-302:
(1) Accomplished with a deadly weapon or by display of any article used or fashioned to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a deadly weapon;
(2) Where the victim was under the age of thirteen (13) at the time of the removal or confinement;
(3) Committed to hold the victim for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage; or
(4) Where the victim suffers serious bodily injury.
(1) Especially aggravated kidnapping is a Class A felony.
(2) If the offender voluntarily releases the victim alive or voluntarily provides information leading to the victim's safe release, such actions shall be considered by the court as a mitigating factor at the time of sentencing.