2017 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 3 - Conservatorship Generally
§ 34-3-106. Rights of respondent.
- The respondent has the right to:
- (1) On demand by respondent or the guardian ad litem, a hearing on the issue of disability;
- (2) Present evidence, including testimony or other evidence from a physician, psychologist or senior psychological examiner of the respondent's choosing, and confront, as a cross-examiner, witnesses;
- (3) Appeal the final decision on the petition with the assistance of an attorney ad litem or adversary counsel;
- (4) Attend any hearing;
- (5) Have an attorney ad litem appointed to advocate the interests of the respondent; and
- (6) Request a protective order placing under seal the respondent's health and financial information, including reports provided under § 34-3-105(c).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.